Pelini Praises New Coaches

If only I could read the article.

I presume, since I can't read it, that it says Kaczenski is invigorating the D Line and that he expects good things from them. I would imagine he's happy to have Kaz, thinks he'll be a good addition to the staff, and feels like the players like him and respond well to him.

I presume he thinks Papuchis has a good grasp of the defense and that things are moving in the right direction, that we'll be a good unit out there and the fans will like what they see.

He most likely praised Terry Joseph's recruiting work and his dedication. Again, more praise for the secondary, they'll be solid this year, and things will be hunky-dory.

How close was I? :D

• Fire 2

I don't think for a second that Raymond was hired with the purpose of only keeping him for one year. Joseph was not on the radar when Raymond was hired.

I can't find any articles right now, but Bo had the typical Bo Praise Line for Raymond when he hired him. He spoke well of him, but the relationship soured over the year, and certainly throwing players under the bus to the press after the Cap One Bowl didn't secure Raymond's job. It was pretty clear he was gone right after that, and maybe before.

Bo spoke this week about the kind of coach that fits in at Nebraska, and one thing he said was you have to check your ego at the door. Raymond didn't do that, and he went off-the-reservation a few times, with the Cap One Bowl comments being the most public.

Sounds like it was more of a philosophical difference than anything else with Raymond, and he's gone. Such things happen. By all accounts, Joseph fits in nicely and is doing a good job.

• Fire 1

I presume, since I can't read it, that it says Kaczenski is invigorating the D Line and that he expects good things from them. I would imagine he's happy to have Kaz, thinks he'll be a good addition to the staff, and feels like the players like him and respond well to him.

I presume he thinks Papuchis has a good grasp of the defense and that things are moving in the right direction, that we'll be a good unit out there and the fans will like what they see.

He most likely praised Terry Joseph's recruiting work and his dedication. Again, more praise for the secondary, they'll be solid this year, and things will be hunky-dory.

Really not very close this time. It was much more candid and specific to the individual people than you'd expect.

Really not very close this time. It was much more candid and specific to the individual people than you'd expect.

Huh. Need to change the oil on my Bo Pelini Offseason Fluff Quote-atron 4000 ® then.

Sorry, but what is he supposed to say at the start of the season. Some of these stories are beyond belief that the editor allowed it.

Not meant to be a dig on Pelini or any of the coaches, just the stupidity of the reporting and the need for it.