Ryan Klachko

It's official, he's with Illinois:

Beckman Adds Another Offensive Lineman

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. - Illinois head coach Tim Beckman announced on Wednesday that offensive lineman Ryan Klachko (Sacred Heart-Griffin HS/Springfield, Ill.) has transferred to Illinois after spending last season at the University of Nebraska. Klachko has begun practicing with the Illini, but will not be able to play in 2012 due to NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility remaining starting in 2013.

"Ryan was one of the top players in the state coming out of high school," Beckman said of Klachko. "We're happy to welcome Ryan back to Illinois, where he'll be closer to his family and friends. After practicing with us this season, I look forward to him competing for playing time and providing depth on the offensive line starting in 2013."

i may be wrong but this doesnt make much sense, the bolded part. in 99% of the cases it is my understanding that if you transfer within conference you have to sit out 2 years instead of one year for transferring out of conference. perhaps im wrong?

Man Illinois is really some slime balls when it comes to recruiting. Not that this was that bad, but the whole Penn State thing, it just really seems like they will take sloppy seconds from anyone.

They obviously didn't check around much. I figured this kid would be lucky to end up at a division II type of school. I'm not saying the potential isn't there but he's going to have to have a fresh attitude. I won't be surprised if we read about him being off that team in the next two seasons.

Man Illinois is really some slime balls when it comes to recruiting. Not that this was that bad, but the whole Penn State thing, it just really seems like they will take sloppy seconds from anyone.

They obviously didn't check around much. I figured this kid would be lucky to end up at a division II type of school. I'm not saying the potential isn't there but he's going to have to have a fresh attitude. I won't be surprised if we read about him being off that team in the next two seasons.

now he gets to come back to Lincoln next October for a reintroduction to Chase Rome.

• Fire 1

now he gets to come back to Lincoln next October for a reintroduction to Chase Rome.

Somebody should tape some paper towels to him.

• Fire 1

LOL, i wonder who else gets this haha

LOL, i wonder who else gets this haha

:lol:

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. - Illinois head coach Tim Beckman announced on Wednesday that offensive lineman Ryan Klachko (Sacred Heart-Griffin HS/Springfield, Ill.) has transferred to Illinois after spending last season at the University of Nebraska. Klachko has begun practicing with the Illini, but will not be able to play in 2012 due to NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility remaining starting in 2013.

"Ryan was one of the top players in the state coming out of high school," Beckman said of Klachko. "We're happy to welcome Ryan back to Illinois, where he'll be closer to his family and friends. After practicing with us this season, I look forward to him competing for playing time and providing depth on the offensive line starting in 2013."

Interesting that we will play Illinios in 2013 (the first year that he's eligible). Any idea as to whether he starts or plays?

i may be wrong but this doesnt make much sense, the bolded part. in 99% of the cases it is my understanding that if you transfer within conference you have to sit out 2 years instead of one year for transferring out of conference. perhaps im wrong?

I read it as ...you sit out a year and you lose that year of eligibility. So he will be sophomore in 2013. The 2 year deal was in the b12-4+2

are you asking me?! :P I wouldn't have a clue!

but, again, this is just a reminder to keep that sort of thing (unsubstantiated, potentially libelous grapevine stuff) off the board, please. I do suspect that there have been many players who have left football programs without running into steroid trouble, and I'm sure you weren't really suggesting that would be the only plausible explanation.

are you asking me?! :P I wouldn't have a clue!

but, again, this is just a reminder to keep that sort of thing (unsubstantiated, potentially libelous grapevine stuff) off the board, please. I do suspect that there have been many players who have left football programs without running into steroid trouble, and I'm sure you weren't really suggesting that would be the only plausible explanation.

I only know what I read on here. I don't think anyone ever said he was kicked off of team. Just wasn't sure if it were true.