Ryan Klachko

So technically, Peat isn't officially gone yet and that means the rumors of lazy, etc may or may not have substance.............correct?

Not being on the 105 could be a result of the lingering injury and/or uncertainty issues..............so maybe we give him the benefit of the doubt until/or IF he really does leave.

Hope that is the scenario, but if not...........then got to agree with the sentiments about the team only wanting the truly committed and everybody moves on.........

-- Ryan Klachko, a redshirt freshman offensive lineman, has decided to transfer, Pelini said. "We have a culture around here," the coach said. "If somebody doesn't feel like they fit into that culture for whatever reason ... He decided to take his talents somewhere else. I wish him well."

LINK

I wish he would've stuck it out. And worked through whatever issues he's having. Oh well.

So technically, Peat isn't officially gone yet and that means the rumors of lazy, etc may or may not have substance.............correct?

Not being on the 105 could be a result of the lingering injury and/or uncertainty issues..............so maybe we give him the benefit of the doubt until/or IF he really does leave.

Hope that is the scenario, but if not...........then got to agree with the sentiments about the team only wanting the truly committed and everybody moves on.........

The reason Peat has been called lazy is because right now he is out of shape from being hurt. He would be in practice and he's in good enough shape to push for time. The reason he not in camp is for another reason that shall not be discussed at his time. He'll either respond or not. That should tell us more about Peat.

Klatch decided he didn't like doing things the way he was asked by Garrison, Dobs and his team mates. If the rumors are half true he'll never play at a D1 program.

I know I haven't been posting during the offseason at all, mostly lurking, but I'll tell you that the the staff has been frustrated with Peat for a while. And when we lost Andrus to Stanford, they were not as upset as they probably would have been after putting up with some of Todd's (and his families) behaviors.

Peats back problem is only part of it. Ive heard from mulitple people that he is lazy, and doesnt have much of a work ethic. One guy even said dont be surprised to see Peat gone if he doesnt straighten himself out.

Pelini basically implied that Klachko was because of personality differences, speaking of that...

Anyone else catch the Ben Cotton quote from yesterday. Im not going to look it up but in a nut shell he said; We play together as a team if you dont share that same philosophy heres the door.

DeAngelo Evans? Things were fine after that.

These poisons are the thing you dont want on a team, especially one's that make up for difficulties in recruiting with team unity and psychology.

There are a few other Oline guys who arent the happiest either. Wouldn't surprise me to see another guy or two leave after this year if things don't change. Some of it is on the player and some is on BC and JC.

BC = Barney Cotton

JC = ?

even he cant help our offensive line problems.....

jesuschrist.jpg

Daskers,

In your opinion, is it more BC or JG that the players have issues with? I was hoping JG was being grommed for BC's spot, but not a good sign if multiple players are having issues with his style of coaching. Not the end of the world since he is a young coach, just concerning.