2012 schedule W/L

In what world is 9-4 the best case scenario?... If you don't think we could win at least 10 games in the regular season as a best case scenario, that's being incredibly pessimistic IMO.

And IMO, you are being unrealistic if you think this team will win more than 9. I predict them to win 8 this year. Let's wait til the end of the season and see how it all played out.

Next year should be better; I am hoping for a double-digit win total and a Top 10 finish.

It's totally realistic to expect a 10 plus win season! If it wasn't then expecting progress is unrealistic! 9 last year. Progress as far as wins and losses equates to at least one more win. 9+1 equals ten! Maybe you using the word "unrealistic" has set me off. I realistically expect us to be better this year! An not better by means of not getting blown out in our losses. I expect better as in better outcomes. I've been on record saying we get to 11 wins this year! And the closer we get to the season and the more I read about this team, the more I think we may be in for a special season! GBR!

I disagree. While it is logical to expect progress on a yearly basis, it isn't realistic to expect it this year, based on everything I've seen, read, and heard. The schedule this year is really tough, IMO. I am one of the few who thinks that Southern Miss has a legit shot at at upset. I also think it's totally possible for the Huskers to have 5 straight losses in the middle of the season. I'm sticking with my opinion, that nine wins is the best-case scenario. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see!

Realistic-something that can happen within reasonable expectations; possible

It is within reasonable expectation and very possible for this team to win more than 9 games!

Unrealistic- something isnt within the realm of reality or expectation!

Logic- is used to deduce an outcome using clear reasoning

I said its totally realistic for us to win over 9 games! Definitely within reason according to definition!

You said its unrealistic To think we will win more than 9 games! Apparently out of the realm of what's possible or real according to definition!

So you're on record saying winning 9+ games isnt a possible or realistic outcome!

I think you need to head straight to the supermarket and stock up on some RED koolaid my friend cause this year is gonna be Pelinis best!!! GBR! :thumbs

In what world is 9-4 the best case scenario?... If you don't think we could win at least 10 games in the regular season as a best case scenario, that's being incredibly pessimistic IMO.

And IMO, you are being unrealistic if you think this team will win more than 9. I predict them to win 8 this year. Let's wait til the end of the season and see how it all played out.

Next year should be better; I am hoping for a double-digit win total and a Top 10 finish.

It's totally realistic to expect a 10 plus win season! If it wasn't then expecting progress is unrealistic! 9 last year. Progress as far as wins and losses equates to at least one more win. 9+1 equals ten! Maybe you using the word "unrealistic" has set me off. I realistically expect us to be better this year! An not better by means of not getting blown out in our losses. I expect better as in better outcomes. I've been on record saying we get to 11 wins this year! And the closer we get to the season and the more I read about this team, the more I think we may be in for a special season! GBR!

I disagree. While it is logical to expect progress on a yearly basis, it isn't realistic to expect it this year, based on everything I've seen, read, and heard. The schedule this year is really tough, IMO. I am one of the few who thinks that Southern Miss has a legit shot at at upset. I also think it's totally possible for the Huskers to have 5 straight losses in the middle of the season. I'm sticking with my opinion, that nine wins is the best-case scenario. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see!

Realistic-something that can happen within reasonable expectations; possible

It is within reasonable expectation and very possible for this team to win more than 9 games!

Unrealistic- something isnt within the realm of reality or expectation!

Logic- is used to deduce an outcome using clear reasoning

I said its totally realistic for us to win over 9 games! Definitely within reason according to definition!

You said its unrealistic To think we will win more than 9 games! Apparently out of the realm of what's possible or real according to definition!

So you're on record saying winning 9+ games isnt a possible or realistic outcome!

I think you need to head straight to the supermarket and stock up on some RED koolaid my friend cause this year is gonna be Pelinis best!!! GBR! :thumbs

Winning 9 games is possible. Winning more than 9 is possible (anything is possible), but highly improbable, IMO. Simple as that. I just think that 9 wins will be the maximum possible this year.

In fact, I laid $100 on NU winning 8 or fewer games this season. It's one bet that I truly hope I lose.

We all have a right to our opinions on how things will go for this team. The important thing is that in exactly one week, opinions aren't going to matter! We're gonna get a first hand look at this Husker team. This is gonna be a damn great year for my Huskers and my Broncos. I'm fuk'n ready.

We all have a right to our opinions on how things will go for this team. The important thing is that in exactly one week, opinions aren't going to matter! We're gonna get a first hand look at this Husker team. This is gonna be a damn great year for my Huskers and my Broncos. I'm fuk'n ready.

:wasted

Oh yea, Broncos suck chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle eyeswear2allthatsholy

It seems people tend to forget some telling signs of a GREAT team that could've been. Speaking of realistically winning 10+ games this year....granted it was the BIG12, but if you think about it, NEB could've very well been a 1 loss regular season team in 2010 with TM as a freshman. If TMart doesn't go down with an injury, we had a HUGE chance of being a 1 loss team. THAT YEAR could've been Pelini's best, but things fell apart once TMart went down and the whole A&M penalties fiasco ensued. Yeah, the team would make stupid mistakes and penalties, but we had Pelini's best fielded secondary at the helm which boosted the D and helped us recover from offensive blunders. NEB was a very strong team in 2010....out of the gates we tore Washington and new one and pummeled K-State. If we see similar pummelings this year to similar competition, watch out. The Huskers are coming through for a 1-2 loss season and a possible BCS bowl game berth and a possible BIG10 championship game.

Oh oh yeah....TMart sucks...he can't do anything. He is a horrible and average QB. :::sarcasm:::

Until we get the stupid mistakes/penalties and fumbilitis under control, I just can't forecast more than 9 wins.

Did you catch the "Voices" segment with Kenny Bell? Husker play by play guy Greg Sharpe and Jeff Culhaine video chatted with Kenny Bell and asked him directly what does Nebraska need to do to get better? And Kenny came right out and said they need to stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers-they need to stop beating themselves. Kenny said that they were in those games against Michigan, Wisconsin, etc until they made those mistakes. And Bell actually mentioned his fumble against Michigan as an example. That impressed the hell out me. I think this team will be Bo's best to date and they're going to silence all the critics.

Winning 9 games is possible. Winning more than 9 is possible (anything is possible), but highly improbable, IMO. Simple as that. I just think that 9 wins will be the maximum possible this year.

In fact, I laid $100 on NU winning 8 or fewer games this season. It's one bet that I truly hope I lose.

If you really made that bet, I'm glad I'm not on your Christmas list.

Until we get the stupid mistakes/penalties and fumbilitis under control, I just can't forecast more than 9 wins.

Translation: Until we fix stuff that we don't know will happen yet, I can't let myself think it wont happen.

Good news is, you also don't know that the other 122 FBS teams wont have issues with spontaneous combustion.

Sounds good!

0319-peyton-manning-jersey-bn-01.jpg