Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

I can Confirm that Tyler has left Nebraska. His girlfriend wrote on his Facebook wall and said that Tyler has chosen to take his talents elsewhere. She said he is moving back to Florida and has 2 schools in mind that he will transfer to. She said Nebraska is for some people but it just isn't for Tyler and that he will be looking for a school that will expand his talents. He has left the team, he is gone, and this is a big blow to our offensive line.

I do not believe that it is coincidental that we lost Klachko and Moore this week. Neither are lazy kids. And I don't believe this had to do with academics either. Tyler was slated to be in the 2-deep this fall and to get significant playing time. Klachko was not but had tons of potential. Contrary to rumors, Tyler's girlfriend said it herself, his transfer had to do with the fact that "Nebraska is just not for him" which is something that goes way beyond his relationship with his GF. It is something about what was going on in the program and how it was being run that led to his transfer. Her wording indicates that he didn't feel like he was being developed to maximize his talents and that the way the NU O-Line coaches ran their practices made Tyler lose his love for the game. Are the coaches too military like and too much of perfectionists? Does Barney/Garrison truly play favorites, as people have said the same about Pelini? Were the coaches too strict on Tyler for off the field rules/issues?

I don't think we will ever fully get an answer from Bo or anyone else on the staff. We do know that this staff did recognize Tyler's talent... Bo said last year that Tyler was going to be special and could be an All-American Tackle. But Bo's not going to tell us what went wrong. It really sounds like he has been battling doubts/frustrations for a year now and that something that happened yesterday sent him over the edge. He was moved into the 2nd string group this fall and was replaced by a guy who had been out last year with injury.... but it really sounds like Tyler did not feel like the coaches were making them good linemen... he didn't feel like he was being developed into his potential... he didn't like how coaches were doing things and a combination of the three, plus his love for his girlfriend are what sent him over the top and caused him to leave.

The Facebook quote is your confirmation or do you have something more? Seems weird that his girlfriend, overly emotional or not, might wait until he at least gets his pads turned in before posting things like this. Suff like this does not happen until days or weeks after the dust has settled. Also, If Moore did not even give Pelini a chance to talk to him and work things out before bolting to Florida, then he had his mind made up long ago.

It has also been rumored that the has been homesick since April. So that would give him enough time to make up his mind (if true) to give Barney the big F*** You, then do what he needs to do to get away from that clueless parasite and head home in a shorter than normal time frame.

I think this has been bugging him for ahwile, he is home sick plain and simple and hes making excuses. He should have made his own decision instead of feeling like he had to come to NU because his dad did. Putting the pieces together i remember him saying how lonely he was when he showed up in January, he said he would just sit in his room by himself. This is a big blow to the Oline but we will be fine.

Rose, the transfer from Auburn was also a legacy to Auburn, they lost him and a key backup QB in the same week. They also their National Championship MVP all that freshman RB.,Micheal Dyer. Could you imagine if we just won the NC and our RB transfered? Nebraska would spontaneously combust.

Alabama just lost Travell Dixon the #1 JC corner last year yesterday, they have QBs transferring every year. LSU lost the Honey Badger. This happens all the time. Tyler came from Florida to play here, and he felt like he didnt fit in here. Best of luck to the kid, you cant make a kid be happy in a place he doesnt want to be, if hes starting and he can still find excuses to leave then its a big problem and he needs to do whats best for him, unfortunately this kills our depth, but we will have to go on and have Sterup step up early.

If we had Andrus Peat we would be alright, but if he has the work ethic like his brother, and only eats Mcdonalds then he wouldnt be worth having either. Unless Todd Peat turns his attitude around then he will be the next to transfer. Keeping Whaley off the 105 changed his life around, hopefully it happens with Peat JR or byebye...and thats fine i would rather have Nebraska boy play, someone who will give his heart and soul on every snap for his state because he wants to be here, not becasue he felt he should because daddy played there so i might as well too.

Might as well keep Klachko and Moore on your minds til' the end of the season. It will be another thing on the list of excuses people have for Nebraska having another 4 loss year. "No depth", "Underperforming offensive line".....I can hear it all now.

When will this team and coaches get it all together? Last year our excuse was injuries to the front four on both sides. Now the guys are just getting the hell out of here. It's tough to lose 2 offensive linemen this close to the start of the season. Especially when we've already proven we have absolutely nobody to rotate into the offensive line. I mean, there was a reason Moore started as a true freshman. He was the best we had. What does that say about Moore? Or....what does that say about our ability to develop offensive linemen?

• Fire 1

The gf post is ridiculously stupid if it's real. If it was such a "TOUGH decision" he wouldn't have made it by storming out of a practice like a 5 year old.

And she's "proud of her baby" ? For what? Leaving like an a**hole?

He should not have let her post on his behalf.

• Fire 3

Sorry that I had to be the one to break the news, fellas. I just know that where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Seems to me that it must have taken an awful lot for Tyler -- who grew up dreaming of playing for Nebraska, who is a legacy, and who committed very early and never wavered -- to leave the team.

It's obvious that something has to be done. Can't keep losing top-notch recruits like this. Not sure what the common denominator is in the equation,but whatever it is, something has to be done about it.

While you can't fire a coach for a player leaving, there is a pattern emerging. Today there is going to be a team meeting and a coaches meeting im sure. I would hope a reevaluation of our oline progress under cotton is in order. one can only hope that the solution presents itself in the form of a new man in charge of the oline.

I know cotton sucks but Klachko was on steriods and failed 2 drug tests. Aaron Green had no work ethic and was all about himself and Moore was out of left field but the gf thing is beyond true, she is very hot and he was never a popular kid with the ladies, its alot of things but the one that hurts the worst is he thinks hes not going to get any better playing here, he wants to play for the steelers and doesnt think he can fullfill his dreams here so he will most likely be going to USF, which is a f'ing pathetic excuse if you ask me...he may go to florida to, but its looking like usf cause thats where his fiance goes.

Hes homesick and making excuses, and everyone is quick to blame Cotton. Hes going to transfer to USF where his fiance goes, that should tell you all you need to know....florida does have a shot as well, but he just wants to go back home, nothing you can do about that, no amount of starts or fame will change him being lonely.

This is a good breakdown, but if reports of Tyler yelling "F You!" at BC are true, then there truly is a problem.

With or without Tyler, I think that we should see as good of O-Line play that we have seen in Bo's tenure. Those are my expectations, and that's what it will take to win a B1G title. That, and a much improved defense.

Good luck to the kid, got nothing against him. He made a difficult decision and hopefully for the right reasons, but I still think Barney had something to do with it and that man needs to hit the road. I'm tired of the musical chairs he's been playing with the oline.

It is notable that nobody in the mainstream media has said anything on this yet - that probably means that they haven't been able to confirm anything, and you would think that by this time they've tried getting in touch with Tyler himself, or his family, or coaches/players. It seems like usually by this time you'd at least have a mainstream media confirmation of the dad saying that his son was in fact leaving the team - not just a facebook message from the girlfriend.

Unsure of the issue, and no offense to the younger posters on the board, but these young kids today have been brought up in the generation of instant gratification. The whole "What's in it for me" mentality". Bo, at least on the surface and in the media, seems to subscribe to the hard work gets playing time mentality. He does not appear to care about "what have you done for me lately, but what can you do for me now". It has to be hard for these kids to come in, hearing from media, friends, family, HS coaches etc saying how they are going to be the next great thing. They come to NU where you have a new coaching staff and every day you have to prove you deserve to play. A hard lesson for a lot of kids.

Not saying there is not some issues, but you have old school hard nose coach with no "gray areas" coaching young kids not used to this treatment.

Unsure of the issue, and no offense to the younger posters on the board, but these young kids today have been brought up in the generation of instant gratification. The whole "What's in it for me" mentality". Bo, at least on the surface and in the media, seems to subscribe to the hard work gets playing time mentality. He does not appear to care about "what have you done for me lately, but what can you do for me now". It has to be hard for these kids to come in, hearing from media, friends, family, HS coaches etc saying how they are going to be the next great thing. They come to NU where you have a new coaching staff and every day you have to prove you deserve to play. A hard lesson for a lot of kids.

Signed,

Every older generation that has ever lived. Come on man.

• Fire 4

Not saying there is not some issues, but you have old school hard nose coach with no "gray areas" coaching young kids not used to this treatment.

This seems is the direction I'm leaning. I suspect Tyler started last year not because he was "that good" but out of necessity. This year he realized he was going to have to fight to earn that starting position back and just flat out did not think he should have to. If that is case, again I say "good riddance". I'm in no way a supporter of Barney, but I think there is a lot more to this story than we're hearing.