The Tyler Moore Explanation

knapplc

And Knappl,

In the other Tyler Moore thread which was locked, I never once referred to you or even hinted that I was even talking about you so I'm not real sure why you became so defensive.

:dunno

I think he was irritated because of the sand. :lol:

• Fire 3

If Barney gets fired or another position within the university or another university is found for him, I would just look at this incident as the straw that broke the camel's back. He's had sub-par performance from his position group ever since he got here (for the most part; there are exceptions) and losing talented players is something that absolutely cannot happen.

I just hope that the young guys turn into quality players, but with Barney as OL coach, I'm not holding my breath.

If Barney gets fired or another position within the university or another university is found for him, I would just look at this incident as the straw that broke the camel's back. He's had sub-par performance from his position group ever since he got here (for the most part; there are exceptions) and losing talented players is something that absolutely cannot happen.

I just hope that the young guys turn into quality players, but with Barney as OL coach, I'm not holding my breath.

Can we keep this thread and discussion about Tyler?

@Skers - The sand in his lady parts, of course. He biked to the beach in Florida this morning from Lincoln and was only wearing some pretty skimpy clothing ;) OK, in seriousness, past unsettled things, settle via PM or Woodshed please :)

This article kind of reaffirms a few things. If this doesn't hold someone's feet to the fire then I don't know what will.

yeah, it's interesting, isn't it? Bo could have simply come out and said something along the lines of "We wish Tyler the best, but we are going with the guys who want to be here." It's sort of his mantra and making all these diplomatic overtures to the Moore camp, it isn't something you often see when someone feels like leaving. Of course I can think of another counterexample, but that isn't related.

From sounds of it, you and a few others know something we don't. I hope this all plays out for the best, and that Tyler is given the space and deference to his privacy he deserves from us fans during his time off.

I dislike BC as much as the next guy...but if Bo waits until the end of the season to can him...he puts 13' in jeopardy. Bo will either hire or promote some kid with little to no experience....thats not who I want coaching the line in 13' when everything is set up for a run. I'd rather keep BC. Can him this week, or keep him through 13'.

It's getting rather tiresome seeing people ask that these threads stay on topic... There are only so many times we can say the exact same thing over and over again. Discussing possible reasons for why he might have left, even ones that have little to no hard evidence, falls under this thread's pretenses, at least in my opinion. If no new information comes out, there's really nothing else left to talk about aside from rumors and conspiracies, and if you don't like that, I suggest you flip one of the other several hundred threads we have in this forum.

I dont think this has anything to do with his girlfriend. I think this still stinks of Barney.

His dad or girl stated that Tyler didnt think the coaches could help him further his career (steelers) anymore. THat to me says he thinks his postition coach is a F'n retard (Barney!).

"He had some things he wasn't happy about at Nebraska", "then in January he'll make a decision". He is probably telling Pelini that if Barney goes, he will come back. We know Pelini wouldnt fire Barney this close to the start of the season, the next opportunituy will be..... in December or January!

"Even when we were driving home yesterday, we were driving by Gainesville and I said maybe you'll be wearing the blue and orange, but he said I'd rather wear red.'' - He wants to come back, but isnt going to put up with Cotton any longer.

WHile i hope Barney gets canned, I dont like seeing a player throw his weight around. Lose/Lose situation, if you ask me. We dont can Barney, we still have a crappy OL coach and Tyler is gone. We fire cotton, and it sends the wrong signal to 104 other players on the team.

I agree with you, especially the last part. He wouldn't be wrong about Barney in my estimation. But you don't can a coach for the sake of a player. That is such a horrible message to send to the team. You never know though, Barney may be in his last season of coaching regardless. I just wish we were not at this juncture.

I'd be surprised more of us weren't thinking this already..About Barney and/or Garrison..

I hate to bag on a coach(s) especially former players, but that does send a bad note to future OL recruits.."Don't come here if you want to be developed to your potential of if you have hopes of playing in the League"..I'm finally stopping my "support?" for certain assistants.

I know we're taught from an early age that you should never quit..But in the long run, maybe Tyler is really taking one for the team.

I dislike BC as much as the next guy...but if Bo waits until the end of the season to can him...he puts 13' in jeopardy. Bo will either hire or promote some kid with little to no experience....thats not who I want coaching the line in 13' when everything is set up for a run. I'd rather keep BC. Can him this week, or keep him through 13'.

I disagree. Barney is very expendable when it comes to recruiting, the OL schemes would be the same, just a different person with knowledge running the show.

I disagree. Barney is very expendable when it comes to recruiting, the OL schemes would be the same, just a different person with knowledge running the show.

Recruiting yes...but I think we found out how expendable Sanders was...and most said good riddance to him as well at the time. I'd just rather not go into 13' with a new guy. Garrison is still young, and Stai has proven nothing. If the three of them together can't put together a competent line then nothing leads me to believe removing the most senior guy from the group would help any. It would mean our offense (save brown who is at the end of his career as well)... Would total about a dozen years experience in their positions. Defense is young as well. HC is young. All leads to further inconsistency. This staff sorely lacks experience. If BC is to go, do it now.