Who is your favorite fictional character?

Freakin' morons DUH

The one, the incomparable,

JAMES BOND

what you all wanted to be, but fail miserably at :D

:lol:

Side vote: Who is the true Bond? (I'll claw out anyone's eyes who say anyone other than Connery. Nah...that's excessive. I gotta get back on my meds, like, yesterday.)

Connery is the king of the Bonds.

• Fire 1

I have a hard time choosing. I've read a lot of books. Thousands. From those...

Hazel from Watership Down is definitely up there.

Edmond Dantes from The Count of Monte Cristo as well.

Sam Gamgee from Lord of the Rings.

Jason Bourne from the Bourne books (not the Matt Damon movie version, which is good, but not the same character as the books).

James Bond is, of course, a top candidate. And by James Bond I mean Sean Connery, and only Sean Connery.

EDIT - anyone interested in debating the Bond actors should check out THIS THREAD.

I think Harry Potter would have to be my overall favorite. I started reading those books near the end of my elementary school days and loved them all the way through high school. I still think they're great books.

Batman, however, would be a close second, mainly because of the psychology behind Batman. His parents death driving him to become the world's greatest detective, his refusal to kill even when it would often be the best choice, etc. He's a great character.

THIS

"I thought this was America!" +1's around for Randy Marsh at his finest.

I've read the entire Dark Tower series by Stephen King over the last month and a half. 7 books, I've got about a 1/3 left in the final book.

So I gotta add the Gunslinger, also known as Roland of Gilead, line of the Eld.

I think William Munny deserves a vote. A great Western (Unforgiven) that displays violent men more accurately than most other films of the genre. Eastwood, (Munny) is not a hero. He's actually maybe the worst of the worst in the movie. In the great shootout scene at the end, he says "That's right. I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill." No emotion. That's how a sociopath speaks. One of the all time great anti-heroes.

But...if we're talking Westerns, this is the guy.

I love this thread knapp. :thumbs

EDIT: Weak. You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day. I'll get you later GSG. That's one of my favorite all-time SP episodes, mainly because of Randy.

• Fire 1