(2013) C/PF Akoy Agau [Georgetown Commit]

The kid had to go far away to a place that treats basketball players like royalty.

I am assuming whatever he did, it was awfully bad... Pitino doesnt run the cleanest of programs...

My guess and this is purely a guess is that while the team traveled to Miami for their upcoming game I'm assuming it could have been just a curfew issue. Just a guess but I know that Pitino is pretty strict when it comes to the curfew of players.

The kid had to go far away to a place that treats basketball players like royalty.

I am assuming whatever he did, it was awfully bad... Pitino doesnt run the cleanest of programs...

My guess and this is purely a guess is that while the team traveled to Miami for their upcoming game I'm assuming it could have been just a curfew issue. Just a guess but I know that Pitino is pretty strict when it comes to the curfew of players.

The Miami basketball players obviously didn't have a curfew considering my sister and friends hung out with them until 3 in the morning.

The Miami basketball players obviously didn't have a curfew considering my sister and friends hung out with them until 3 in the morning.

Not saying that's not true but I know that Louisville has a curfew.

The kid had to go far away to a place that treats basketball players like royalty. I am assuming whatever he did, it was awfully bad... Pitino doesnt run the cleanest of programs...

Hung out huh? haha just messin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
So he understands why he appeared in 19 of the Cardinals' 37 games this season, averaging five minutes per contest. He scored 17 points, making 7 of 9 field goals. He added 21 rebounds in 95 minutes.

But that lack of playing time hasn't seemed to sour his experience at Louisville — where Agau said the intensity of the basketball fever is comparable to the yearlong football frenzy back home. He doesn't sound like a guy planning to join college hoops' growing pool of transfers.

“I made this decision on how it would benefit me later on in life, in basketball and in school,” he said.

His goals haven't changed. He says Louisville's the best place for him to achieve those.

“There's a great support system here,” he said.

OWH

• Fire 1
So he understands why he appeared in 19 of the Cardinals' 37 games this season, averaging five minutes per contest. He scored 17 points, making 7 of 9 field goals. He added 21 rebounds in 95 minutes.

But that lack of playing time hasn't seemed to sour his experience at Louisville — where Agau said the intensity of the basketball fever is comparable to the yearlong football frenzy back home. He doesn't sound like a guy planning to join college hoops' growing pool of transfers.

“I made this decision on how it would benefit me later on in life, in basketball and in school,” he said.

His goals haven't changed. He says Louisville's the best place for him to achieve those.

“There's a great support system here,” he said.

OWH

Good article there. Had the chance to take in a Louisville practice in December, the article isn't lying when they say Harrell is intimidating. Very big and just as athletic as anyone on that team. I think Akoy was skilled enough coming out of HS to play but the physicality with which Pitino wants his players to play is a huge transition. Will be interesting to see how Akoy progresses over the next couple years.

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...