Daily Poll: Could Nebraska beat the teams in front of them in the AP Poll?

Would Nebraska Make Playoffs?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just in case no one has noticed, we have 13 days until kickoff against Souther Miss. Coincidentally, there is also 13 spots between Nebraska (#17) and a top 4 ranking in the AP poll that was recently released. If people are interested, I would like to spend the next 2 weeks making arguments why Nebraska can or can't beat the team ranked ahead of them in the AP Poll. The Huskers would first face Virginia Tech (#16). This is a rematch a lot of people would love to see.

Can the Huskers beat them? What do you think and why?

Upcoming "games"

Today: VT

9/19: TEXAS

9/20: Clemson

9/21: Michigan State

etc....

Can we get enough koolaid flowing before the start of the season to have a large portion of us believing Nebraska is a top 4 team? Or, do the "debbie downers" win and have the board believing the Huskers should be unranked and Pelini looking for a job?

Your thoughts on VT:

No: Thomas Logan.

If your referring to Thomas Logan of Wolverine fame, then I get what you're saying. But, Michigan should have had a much better showing in the bowl game, meaning they should have ran away with that game if their offense showed a faint sign of life. However, same can be said for Nebraska against the "Fighting Thomas Logan's".

Edit: Or are you talking about Logan Thomas, Jr? (ironic huh?)

No. I'm referring to VT's dual threat QB, accidentally reversed his name though.

Using my supreme infallible football logic if he can do that to ASU, ASU can beat UM and UM can beat NU then he'd get at least 700 yards against NU

in the first quarter.

I don't think Nebraska has enough talent right now to win the B1G and get a high enough ranking. That's not to say they couldn't, just that there are better teams right now. With offensive line depth/consistency issues and a relatively large question mark overall for the defense, Nebraska's likely a nine or 10 win at best team this year.

I don't think Nebraska has enough talent right now to win the B1G and get a high enough ranking. That's not to say they couldn't, just that there are better teams right now. With offensive line depth/consistency issues and a relatively large question mark overall for the defense, Nebraska's likely a nine or 10 win at best team this year.

I think we could win the B1G. Just don't think they would pick us over a 1 loss Ala., Lsu, or Usc.

I think we could win the B1G. Just don't think they would pick us over a 1 loss Ala., Lsu, or Usc.

They would if we were undefeated. If we were to win the B1G with 1 loss and not get picked over a team that had 1 loss and didn't win the conference, I would be pretty upset too, because preference for bids into the playoff is supposed to go to conference champs. Just my thoughts.

Just win all of our games and there is no way to keep us out. Unless the SEC can get the loser of their CCG in over an undefeated Big 10 team. I doubt any Big 12 teams go undefeated. The season starts in two weeks. We'll know soon enough.

I think our defense plays better....more depth and skill across the board than last year. Last year we had 3 All Americans and 8 green players. This year we may have two AA's but 10 to 12 other guys with experience. Depending on the Oline we should be at least as good as last year...hopefully more balenced and able to control field position better. It will take some luck but if we have any at all we could be ranked pretty high by the end of the year.

They would if we were undefeated. If we were to win the B1G with 1 loss and not get picked over a team that had 1 loss and didn't win the conference, I would be pretty upset too, because preference for bids into the playoff is supposed to go to conference champs. Just my thoughts.

I thought it was done by a selection committee.

I thought it was done by a selection committee.

It is, but preference is supposed to be in favor of conference champions over non-conference champs with the same record.