Gophers struggling to sell tickets

Excel

Minnesota Golden Gophers  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The gophers student body is horrible. They dont show up on time and dont support there team.

My sister is a goofer alum and she is an exception(She also loves the Huskers). she cheers hard and is coming to NE for the gophers game. I really hope that Husker fans treat her well.

Don't worry i'll treat her very, very well.

I think she would be use to your level of intelligence.

Decked's post was lame (plus he's like 12 years old so it was really creepy) but it's a good idea to always do a grammar check before you call someone stupid.

18 now..... Not 12.

The gophers student body is horrible. They dont show up on time and dont support there team.

My sister is a goofer alum and she is an exception(She also loves the Huskers). she cheers hard and is coming to NE for the gophers game. I really hope that Husker fans treat her well.

Go for it.. She teaches 1st grade, so I think she would be use to your level of intelligence.

Grammar.

Go for it.. She teaches 1st grade, so I think she would be use to your level of intelligence.

Grammar.

I would be more than happy to go through all of your posts with a red pen.

Let me know if you want to play this game.....

What do you think I mean by neutral observers? The Big Ten Network had its team of analysts traveling to fall camps and reporting on what they see. They say Minnesota is far improved over last year. Gerry DiNardo says they've been improved each time they've visited campus for the last two years.

Woody's generous prediction of 4-5 wins IS far improved over the 2011 team that lost to both New Mexico State & North Dakota State. Minnesota has been flat out awful terrible the last few years. A large leap forward would entail not being taken to the woodshed by the the non-conference "cupcakes".

If the Gophers start the season 2-2 you should be doing cartwheels.

• Fire 1

@ UNLV (2-10) Win

v. New Hampshire (8-4) Don't know. I will give them a Win just to be nice

v. Western Michigan (7-6) Loss. WMU is a better program

v. Syracuse (5-7) Win because I don't know what Cuse brings to the table

@ Iowa (7-6) Loss

v. Northwestern (6-7) Loss

@ Wisconsin (11-3) Loss

v. Purdue (7-6) Probable Loss

v. Michigan (11-2) Loss

@ Illinois (7-6) Probable Loss

@ Nebraska (9-4) Loss

v. Michigan State (11-3) Loss

3 wins. I can see 4 or 5 if I'm being nice.

The Gophers beat Illinois and Iowa last year and you're predicting they lose to those two teams and everybody else in the B1G this year. So you think they're getting worse? Neutral observers from the Big Ten Network don't agree.

I'd settle for 3 wins OOC and 2-3 wins in conference, which means 5 or 6. I think the big jump to contention is still a year or two away, but if you look at coach Kill's record, it's coming. It's always been in year 2 or 3 of his tenure, wherever he has coached.

The problem I always have with this argument that we will be better here and here so we will win more games is that it assumes that all the other teams on your schedule will stay the same with no improvement either....

• Fire 1

@ UNLV (2-10) Win

@ Iowa (7-6) Loss

@ Wisconsin (11-3) Loss

v. Michigan (11-2) Loss

@ Nebraska (9-4) Loss

The Gophers beat Illinois and Iowa last year and you're predicting they lose to those two teams and everybody else in the B1G this year. So you think they're getting worse? Neutral observers from the Big Ten Network don't agree.

I'd settle for 3 wins OOC and 2-3 wins in conference, which means 5 or 6. I think the big jump to contention is still a year or two away, but if you look at coach Kill's record, it's coming. It's always been in year 2 or 3 of his tenure, wherever he has coached.

The problem I always have with this argument that we will be better here and here so we will win more games is that it assumes that all the other teams on your schedule will stay the same with no improvement either....

Or maybe you're just assuming that I'm assuming that.

I know that every team changes every year. I don't think Illinois is better this year; I think with new coaches and a so-so recruiting class they're no better than the team that Minnesota dominated last year.

Look at the attrition in Iowa. Graduation, injuries, felonies, etc. They aren't on the upswing.

@ UNLV (2-10) Win

@ Iowa (7-6) Loss

@ Wisconsin (11-3) Loss

v. Michigan (11-2) Loss

@ Nebraska (9-4) Loss

Or maybe you're just assuming that I'm assuming that.

I know that every team changes every year. I don't think Illinois is better this year; I think with new coaches and a so-so recruiting class they're no better than the team that Minnesota dominated last year.

Look at the attrition in Iowa. Graduation, injuries, felonies, etc. They aren't on the upswing.

So you're planning a better record based off Minnesota's improvement and 2 other teams regression? I still don't see more than 5 wins on that schedule.

Under protest, because nobody here is a prophet. Speaking in general terms I'd predict 5 or 6 wins, with 4 being disappointing and 7 being greater-than-expected progress.

August 30 - at UNLV - WIN

Sept 8 - New Hampshire at home - WIN

Sept 15 - Western Michigan at home - LOSE

Sept 22 - Syracuse at home - WIN

Sept 29 - at Iowa - LOSE

Oct 13 - Northwestern at home - WIN

Oct 20 - at Wisconsin - LOSE

Oct 27 - Purdue at home - LOSE

Nov 3 - Michigan at home - LOSE

Nov 10 - at Illinois - WIN

Nov 17 - at Nebraska - LOSE

Nov 24 - Michigan State at home - LOSE

That gets me to 5 wins. I think I'm being conservative here.

I hope you're not too disappointed with 4 because I see that pretty easily. It wouldn't surprise me if you manage to slip up @UNLV or vs. 'Cuse. I also doubt you'll beat both NW and Illinois (they had pretty much mailed the season in when you played them last year) but may get past Purdue instead. Five wins isn't out of the question but that would be pretty good from where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...
Under protest, because nobody here is a prophet. Speaking in general terms I'd predict 5 or 6 wins, with 4 being disappointing and 7 being greater-than-expected progress.

Sept 29 - at Iowa - LOSE

Looking good...for now.

• Fire 1

Sept 29 - at Iowa - LOSE

Looking good...for now.

No way they beat Syracuse, they have a lot of people back from an average team last year including nassib, one of the better big east qbs

Sept 29 - at Iowa - LOSE

Looking good...for now.

"Good" might be a stretch but the prediction for that game was correct. ;)

They really did look "good" the first week last year before falling off the cliff in week 2.