Our man Rex Gets a mention in the 'Herbie Awards'

I had never heard of this before but it was great to see Rex recognized!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview12/story/_/id/8284250/top-players-coaches-teams-honored-herbie-awards

OLD SCHOOL: THROWBACK PLAYERS

1. Collin Klein, Kansas State

2. Rex Burkhead, Nebraska

3. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

4. Max Bullough, Michigan State

5. Philip Lutzenkirchen, Auburn

ALL-HERBIE TEAM: WHAT A COLLEGE TEAM SHOULD LOOK LIKE

Offense Defense QB Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech DL William Gholston, Michigan State RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina DL Sam Montgomery, LSU RB Rex Burkhead, Nebraska DL Corey Lemonier, Auburn WR Marqise Lee, USC DL Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia LB Shayne Skov, Stanford WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia TE Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State LB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss T Oday Aboushi, Virginia T Jake Matthews, Texas A&M CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech C Barrett Jones, Alabama CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State G Chance Warmack, Alabama S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas G Braden Hansen, BYU S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma

the idea of a 'throwback' player is stupid. he works hard, plays tough, and is all class. those are not antiquated values.

i disagree...

Yes, there are a lot of hard working, tough, all class cfb players out there. but there's only a few players, a certain type of player (rb in this case) who has a number of yards punched up in their head seconds before that play is even ran. Not getting those yards is not a question. Those yards might as well be written in pen on the stat sheet before the center snaps the ball.

He was also on the "All Herbie Team"

I wonder how much it hurt that pompous ass to have to mention him

That's one thing I didn't understand. He had his top 5 running back listed and Rex wasn't on that, yet he was with Lattimore on the All Herbie team. Maybe I'm missing something.

What I found cool/strange/interesting, whatever you want to call it, is that Burkhead made the All-Herbie team over Montee Ball.

That was odd I thought too...

He's got him in that category, but not the others???

He was also on the "All Herbie Team"

I wonder how much it hurt that pompous ass to have to mention him

Probably doesn't hurt much at all - Kirk Herbstreit has no problem against Nebraska.

+1'ed. I was just about to post this and had just saw that you had so thanks for saving me the trouble!

P.S. He was just mad his Buckeyes didnt make it anywhere close... :P