Some SI predictions

In honsety we have been a flop team.

Look back at most of the predictions from the last four years on this board.

We have never come close to what most predicted.

We have average coaching at best. We may have reached its highest level, consistant 4 losses. Not bad, but not where most want this program to be by any means.

I see us going 9-4 at best, but feel it may be a lot worse this year.

I guess finishing better than predicted once and less than predicted twice, but ending in the Top 25 all 3 times is not "never come close" to me. I also see us going 9-4 this season, but I feel me may be a lot better this year.

Did we win? Did we finish? Did we make stupid statements that were not lived up to?

Accepting mediocrity? That is what we have Saunders. We are not even mentioned in the top progams any longer. We have fallen and we keep falling.

I know a lot have hopes of being better this year. I truly hope we are. We need to be.

Close only really counts in hand grenades, where it truly matters.

• Fire 1

Go back and read your predictions over the last four years, tell me how close most were to what they said would happen.

Very few predicted 9-4, always better and getting better. We have not. FACT.

If finishing in the bottom of the the top 25 is what you are looking for we are doing great. Most strive for higher rankings.

Go back and read your predictions over the last four years, tell me how close most were to what they said would happen.

Go back and read yours. None of your doom-and-gloom predictions have come true, either.

FACT.

• Fire 3

If finishing in the bottom of the the top 25 is what you are looking for we are doing great. Most strive for higher rankings.

Who are you addressing?

Thisyear is the only doom and gloom prediction I have made.

I have said we would finish just about where we do every year. 9-3 to 9-4.

This year I think the wheels come off, no reason for that thought, but just have a gut feeling we are going to have problems. Looking for all the crow I can eat on this.

Hopefully this is the year that the staff gets their crap together. I think we have adequate talent, not top of the line, but good enough for this team to get to 11 wins. The coaching staff has held this program back in my mind. Not qualified, not ready and not mature enough from head coach down.

This year I think the wheels come off, no reason for that thought, but just have a gut feeling we are going to have problems. Looking for all the crow I can eat on this.

Hopefully this is the year that the staff gets their crap together. I think we have adequate talent, not top of the line, but good enough for this team to get to 11 wins. The coaching staff has held this program back in my mind. Not qualified, not ready and not mature enough from head coach down.

it is national championship or bust. a 9-3 to 9-4 season is the wheels falling off.

I happen to have read your posts and recall debating this with you last year. 2012 is not the first time you've predicted that we'd have a bad team, or that Bo would implode, etc.

For all the calling-out you're doing of people predicting good things for this team, you need to look in the mirror, because your opposite predictions also have not come true. Bo has not gone over the edge with his sideline madness (which you predicted after the 2010 season), we did not completely fall on our ass in the Big Ten (which you also predicted last year), and overall we've been OK (you predicted we'd be bad) under Bo.

You've posted dozens of times about how much your wife hates Pelini. You've made no bones about not liking him and wanting him gone. He's doing OK. He's not perfect and there are many areas in which he needs to improve. But the tenor of your posts for about two years has been pretty down on Bo, the team, and our chances of success.

I'm not pulling punches with this team. I'm not pumping sunshine about our chances this year. They clearly have lots of proving to do in several areas. But to sit there and denounce fans who predict good things for the team they root for with this "I told you so" attitude while ignoring the failures of your own predictions seems crass.

• Fire 6

Is the Big 10 conference really on the rise? Two teams can't even play for a championship. It has several solid teams, but it doesn't have an elite team. Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses, but we have a legitimate shot at winning the Big 10 this year. I don't see us going undefeated, but I don't see us losing four games either.

Who are you addressing?

Anyone who disagrees with him. He's right, and everyone else is wrong.

Is the Big 10 conference really on the rise? Two teams can't even play for a championship. It has several solid teams, but it doesn't have an elite team. Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses, but we have a legitimate shot at winning the Big 10 this year. I don't see us going undefeated, but I don't see us losing four games either.

that's is why it is on the rise, and not quite there.

and i agree with your post.

Did we win? Did we finish? Did we make stupid statements that were not lived up to?

Accepting mediocrity? That is what we have Saunders. We are not even mentioned in the top progams any longer. We have fallen and we keep falling.

I know a lot have hopes of being better this year. I truly hope we are. We need to be.

I think you need a dictionary. Look up the following words: close, falling, and trend.

don't tell my 5-time national champions horseshoe team that.

• Fire 1