Some SI predictions

You know, skersfan, you and your wife are two entirely different human beings. If she doesn't like Pelini then she can fuss about it the rest of her life, or until he leaves. Even if you don't like Pelini, are you really going to let her impressions of him (and your passive aggressive ones) prevent you from going to a game, especially when it's a game we're likely to win?

That just doesn't make sense to me. Obviously your marriage is more important than football, but it's FOOTBALL. It's sport. It's gamesmanship. It's recreational. It's fun. It's pretty trivial if you think about it. So, why not just say "ef it", and go? I doubt your marriage will spontaneously implode and set the world afire if you go.

I am married to one of the most intelligent women I have ever met, heart of gold and a great judge of character. Her thoughts run much higher than some football fan.

Enjoy the season.

Man she's got you trained well if you're saying that stuff with a straight face.

633492577396598748-whipped5.jpg

I've never used the term "ball and chain" before, but were I to ever use it, it'd be now.

Without even looking a the first page, I'm going to assume skersfan is posting it it? And he's talking about his wife's opinion of Bo?

He's rambling about how he's not going to the UCLA game, which is next door to his house, because his wife thinks Pelini is the devil and will corrupt his innocence.

(I paraphrased)

I've never used the term "ball and chain" before, but were I to ever use it, it'd be now.

Without even looking a the first page, I'm going to assume skersfan is posting it it? And he's talking about his wife's opinion of Bo?

He's rambling about how he's not going to the UCLA game, which is next door to his house, because his wife thinks Pelini is the devil and will corrupt his innocence.

(I paraphrased)

He's also under the impression that he's the only poster on the board who's seen the "inner workings" of the athletic dept. he's wrong again.

Reading what is said and what is implied may be the problem. (who knows? Maybe?)

No I do not like Pelini, but have said hundreds of times I do not want him fired. Nothing good could come of it. He is what we have and he needs to do the job he was hired to do. (Ah so you want the coach you hate to keep the job you think he's doing poorly, and will never improve on, so you can be right. Got it).

Yes my wife hates the man, feels he is the worst possible head coach we could have. Feels he drives away top recruits and runs them off from inside the program. Not sure where I am on this. (Your wife is wrong. )

Strong enough that we are not going to the UCLA game, she refuses to endorse anything he does. Will not support the program until he is gone. This will be the first game I have missed in California since moving here 35 years ago. (Impressive, but this is only 3 games since 1995. And Bo Pelini is a very religious man, glad to see your wife hates that)

I said we would not do as well as some stating we would dominate the Big 10. Try reading the posts. I know if it is not all sunshine you guys only see what you want to see, evident in the above posts. (and you are the opposite, I believe you predicted a 6 loss season in 08, and a colossal Pelini outburst resulting in his firing. Try reading your posts)

I stay away from this sunshine pumping hole most of the time anymore, as it is on the side of sickening to listen to the swallow anything group as long as it is positive. We have major problems, wake up and smell the coffee. In honesty this site has made me lose a lot of interest in the program. (you have twice as many posts as I do in the same time frame. You don't stay away that much. And a simple removal of a bookmark goes a long way.)

As far as I told you so, that was not my intent. Most on here suggested we would be in MNC level with in the first couple of years, would desimate the Big 10 last year with our speed. I made note of small line backers not matching up. I mentioned the regular game we would lose that we should not. (GRAMMAR TAKES A SAVAGE BEATING)

I will state again, I do not want Pelini fired, removed or gone. This program can not stand that. We are on the edge of being and after thought now, another 5 year experiment would not do us any good. (AND NOW LOGIC ISN'T SAFE!!!!!)

I want him to do the job he was hired for and to accomplish his stated mission, win championships. When he does, those things he will quit being a flop in the eyes of the media. (But at least he doesn't drop unneeded commas into text AMIRITE????? He's far from a flop and he will win).

So go ahead and keep swallowing the slop that flows readily on this board. (thanks! I will!) Which I used to feel was the best board as opinions were accepted, unfortunately that has changed and if you are not in quick step with the group you are an anti fan. (You could threaten to leave the board again like you did when Pelini was hired, might help.)

Fortunately for me, my life does not revolve around an internet board as some on here seem to. I love Nebraska Football and always will, but I see it for what it is, not what some dreaming group think it is. (Nebraska football is my alma mater's team, which I enjoy to watch and discuss with strangers on the Internet. They are not as good as they were when I was there. This makes me frustrated I watch them and think they will get better because I like the character of the team. You use it as a method to make yourself feel superior. I think I win)

• Fire 7

Thisyear is the only doom and gloom prediction I have made.

I have said we would finish just about where we do every year. 9-3 to 9-4.

This year I think the wheels come off, no reason for that thought, but just have a gut feeling we are going to have problems. Looking for all the crow I can eat on this.

Hopefully this is the year that the staff gets their crap together. I think we have adequate talent, not top of the line, but good enough for this team to get to 11 wins. The coaching staff has held this program back in my mind. Not qualified, not ready and not mature enough from head coach down.

So, you'd rather have clownahan back, getting blown out 70-10 by a mediocre team in our conference?

If that's the case, I'll take 9-4