TRUE or FALSE: Taylor Martinez will have a 60% or better completion rate this season.

Find it pretty hilarious that people frequently blame the WR's. A good majority of receievers would tell you it's pretty hard not to drop a ball when it rarely hits you in the numbers or if it's thrown slightly too early. Not to say they didn't have drops, which they did, but Martinez played a huge part in that as well. You missed the biggest possible reason for the increase in percentage: improved footwork, which improves timing, and also improves mechanics. So better mechanics and better timing more than anything will increase his completion percentage.

• Fire 1

Find it pretty hilarious that people frequently blame the WR's. A good majority of receievers would tell you it's pretty hard not to drop a ball when it rarely hits you in the numbers or if it's thrown slightly too early. Not to say they didn't have drops, which they did, but Martinez played a huge part in that as well. You missed the biggest possible reason for the increase in percentage: improved footwork, which improves timing, and also improves mechanics. So better mechanics and better timing more than anything will increase his completion percentage.

I honestly don't think that we are going to see much improvement in his mechanics DURING GAMES.

I honestly don't think that we are going to see much improvement in his mechanics DURING GAMES.

Yes we will

I think we will get a little bit of both. When he is rushed he will probably revert somewhat but still improved. When he has time he will be much better.

Either way if he starts throwing it any where remotely close to a WR in stride or even around the numbers consistently he would be much better off. Throwing within a six foot radius every time doesnt get it done. Don't care if you have Megatron, Blackmon and AJ Green. It just doesn't work.

I say way over 60% if they follow my plan. Just have Jamal Turner on a bunch of screens. Let him run around like crazy and gain yards. Then fake it and throw down the seam to a tight end. Taylor might complete 17 out of 20 for 77 yards a game,but his completion percentage will be high.

You mean when he was in another first year of an offense when he didn't have any spring ball to get up to speed, throwing to mostly freshmen, sophomores and somewhat injured receivers - some of whom may or may not have been giving their best effort all the time. Yeah, I think the timing could have been better. I think it will be.