*** Official Southern Miss Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Taylor looks much better, hitting receivers,spreading the ball around, and receivers are catching them ball! Enunwa is a beast. Who is Steven Osborne? lol

Rex looked great of course, Abdullah may not be a real big back but he looks pretty strong , and will always have that burst if he gets out in the open. no fumbles either. Marrow is gonna be a great player. Love seen some smash mouth Fullback plays!

Defense needs some work. Not a good half for them.

this puts it in perspective, it looks worse than it is:

@Sean_Callahan

Take away that kickoff return and I think this game has a completely different feel. Defense has missed tackles but still only 152 yards.

Should we be giving up more than 200 yds. total to So. Miss.

Considering what they lost from their offense last year, NO.

Yep, no excuse.

At least Pelini said that the Injury on Rex was not going to be long term he is one that would usually keep us all in the dark on this....

he still might be. i would not have expected any other response from him regardless of what was actually going on.

lets go defense. you got something to prove.

Let's see what adjustments we make at the half.

I'd really like to have the opportunity to bench Martinez for the 4th Quarter and give our 2nd and 3rd string offenses some playing/building time. It's something that's really been missing and has hurt us over these few years, IMO.