One way to fix the defensive line play...

Fuzzy

It's really difficult to prepare for an opponent who brings in a new head coach and has no set starter at quarterback. You're asking the defense to prepare for a lot of different things, many of which are unknowns, and that can be very taxing. Furthermore, I personally don't think we have a lot of great talent there right now. It's good, but it's not great.

• Fire 1

It's really difficult to prepare for an opponent who brings in a new head coach and has no set starter at quarterback. You're asking the defense to prepare for a lot of different things, many of which are unknowns, and that can be very taxing. Furthermore, I personally don't think we have a lot of great talent there right now. It's good, but it's not great.

The secondary was untested today, so there is a chance that we could be very good in that area (lets hope we are)....

The secondary was untested today, so there is a chance that we could be very good in that area (lets hope we are)....

The secondary is less of a concern for me than the line. I think our best position groups are linebacker, secondary (despite the youth), and then the defensive line. The secondary could be very good, I completely agree. But the line...it's just been underwhelming the last two years and I think we really need to bolster the talent there.

The secondary is less of a concern for me than the line. I think our best position groups are linebacker, secondary (despite the youth), and then the defensive line. The secondary could be very good, I completely agree. But the line...it's just been underwhelming the last two years and I think we really need to bolster the talent there.

With three true freshmen challenging for playing time already, hopefully the talent is already in the room....

With three true freshmen challenging for playing time already, hopefully the talent is already in the room....

I hope so too. It's difficult watching our guys struggle to get off blocks and stop the running game. Their top two running backs averaged 6.2 YPC and and 3.5. And although Alford was just no help to them in the passing game, his going 15 for 89 yards and 5.6 YPC is not good, especially when we have the more talented Denard Robinson coming up.

looked a lot like last years defense...did anyone notice how easily the zone read and option worked against our weakside and strongside lb'ers...we have some serious work to do on the defensive line and linebackers..dont forget..we have an extremely strong running qb and rb coming up next weekend...hope we can fill these holes