Marlow

It all depends on the severity....being in the physical therapy profession and having my left clavicle fractured TWICE....it can take a while. I had a speedy recovery, but wasn't feeling close to 100% until about the 3 month mark (still felt like it wasn't 100% for weeks after, no pain, just felt weak and compromised). We may not see him play on the field again this year...sadly. We'll have to wait it out and see based on the severity and how quickly he recovers.

I believe he is a senior and has probably redshirted. Would this injury allow him to apply for another year since it happened in the first half of the first game of the season? He will be out a minimum of 6 weeks before he could practice and 8 weeks to play now. If we aren't hurting for receivers and he could play another whole year, he should sit this year.

Bo stated in the presser he expects him to be back by the end of October..I don't see that happening

Why do you not see that happening? It would seem to me that if HIS coach thinks he'll be back at that time, then he should be back around that time.

I read an article that said October-early November at the earliest. There's wiggle room on the prediction.

Bo stated in the presser he expects him to be back by the end of October..I don't see that happening

Why do you not see that happening? It would seem to me that if HIS coach thinks he'll be back at that time, then he should be back around that time.

I just don't expect him to be back on the field and contributing in that amount of time. Obviously everyone has a different recovery time based on their particulars, but its hard for me to believe he'll have his full r.o.m and strength back to play. Just my opinion

According to John Hopkins Orthopedics a teenager or adult with a broken clavicle requires 8 to 10 weeks healing time. But it just depends on the variables, was it cracked or broke through and some people just heal faster or slower than others. Either way he won't be back before the Michigan game. So far it doesn't sound like they are going to try for a medical waiver and sit him this year.