Taylor Martinez Stats  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Taylor Martinez threw 13 touchdown passes last year. How long until he matches that?

He's hit five already. Eight more, averaging just under two per game, should happen around Ohio State.

Martinez threw 23 TD passes in his first two seasons, can he double that number this year?

He needs 18 more in a probable total of 12 games, possibly 13. That's less than two more per game, with teams like Ark State, Idaho State, Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa still on the menu. I'm going with "Yes" on this one.

Will he reach his much publicized goal of completing 70% of his passes?

No. He didn't suddenly become Joe Montana. He looked good, but he's not going to look that good all year. If he does, we're a lock for the conference championship game.

Q. Taylor Martinez threw 13 touchdown passes last year. How long until he matches that?

A. Toss up between Michigan State and Penn State. Went with Sparty.

Q. Martinez threw 23 TD passes in his first two seasons, can he double that number this year?

A. If double 23 is still 46 I would think "Oh hell no". But if it means 23 for this year - not impossible. We do have a run game IIRC. 25-30 combined run/pass would just be fantastic. (Thinking 20/10)

Q. Will he reach his much publicized goal of completing 70% of his passes?

A. That would be sweet. Sounds more like a nice personal goal. I'm guessing closer to 65% (no offense to SMU, but the conference and weather patterns could drop it down some).

Taylor Martinez threw 13 touchdown passes last year. How long until he matches that?

-I went with Ohio State, and knapplc's math is exactly what I used to come to that decision. I doubt he'll throw for five touchdown passes in a single game the rest of the season, even with his improved mechanics. The chances are minimal. But, throwing two touchdowns passes each game is very reasonable.

Martinez threw 23 TD passes in his first two seasons, can he double that number this year?

-In the 2010 preseason, Martinez threw three touchdown passes in the non-conference (meaning he threw nine touchdown passes in the following 10 games). In the 2011 preseason, he threw four touchdown passes in the non-conference (meaning nine touchdown passes in the following nine games). He's basically averaged about a touchdown pass per game each season. Now, his mechanics are significantly better this year, and with the tougher competition to come, who knows what his ceiling is. Even so, I don't think he can get to 23. He'll taper out, especially against Wisconsin, tOSU, Michigan State and Michigan. I think a reasonable expectation is going to be in the 15-18 range.

Will he reach his much publicized goal of completing 70% of his passes?

-Going along with my last paragraph, I'd have to say no. I think he'll probably finish the season somewhere around 60 percent, 65 being the high end possibility.

13th Td- Idaho State, i believe Tim beck and company will throw the ball a lot more than we expect, even with burkhead, we have to take advantage of a very talented and electric receiving core...A friend of mine was told through the grapevine that Bo and Beck want to be more like a Big 12 offense and forget the thought of being a power running team like most of the B1G, he wants to incorporate hurry up with a very balanced mixture of option, and passing, trying to eliminate a lot of "read" type plays.

23- Yes

70% i went with yes, i think he will be right around 65-70% so i guess maybe i should have went no, but who knows.

13th Td- Idaho State, i believe Tim beck and company will throw the ball a lot more than we expect, even with burkhead, we have to take advantage of a very talented and electric receiving core...A friend of mine was told through the grapevine that Bo and Beck want to be more like a Big 12 offense and forget the thought of being a power running team like most of the B1G, he wants to incorporate hurry up with a very balanced mixture of option, and passing, trying to eliminate a lot of "read" type plays.

23- Yes

70% i went with yes, i think he will be right around 65-70% so i guess maybe i should have went no, but who knows.

i seem to remember that when we came to the BIG bo saying he wanted the conference have to adjust to us not the other way around

23- Yes

I really don't see Nebraska abandoning the power run game, no matter how many times they start throwing it. If anything with guys like Cross and Marrow, we'll have more of a power run game. You can do a lot of different things if you're running 80 plays per game.

Q. Martinez threw 23 TD passes in his first two seasons, can he double that number this year?

A. If double 23 is still 46 I would think "Oh hell no". But if it means 23 for this year - not impossible. We do have a run game IIRC. 25-30 combined run/pass would just be fantastic. (Thinking 20/10)

Yeah I noticed i dun goofed on the wording. I fixed it in the OP.

In which game will Martinez match his 13 total TD's from last season?

Wisconsin

Will he throw 23+ TD passes this year?

I said no. I think he will still be very successful throwing the ball, just not as much for in the end-zone. I would love to be wrong here.

Will he complete over 70% of his passes this season?

I said yes. I see him throwing a lot more short to medium, higher percentage passes. And I think our receivers will make him look pretty good, too.