*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

We played poorly for 85% of the game. The Black (PINK) shirts STINK, even on tackels they don't HIT. A slide without a hit, a gentle push out of bounds for a WR, we used to make the other team pay and then they would fear us, not now.

The OL, OMG dsay good bye to Barney please. We need to get our 'mean streak' back.

T_O_B

G>B>R

:bigredn:

There are just a lot of titty-babies on this board who don't want to hear any criticism or negativity about their beloved Huskers. Well, until we demand better, nothing is going to change. Every season I see people predicting 11 or 12 wins and I'm like, "WTF??! No way. What evidence or signs of improvement would lead people to think this?" Yet when I speak up, I'm labeled as a "Debbie Downer" or "Negative Nancy." No, I just know that in order to sustain and maintain a top-notch program, you have to do whatever it takes. Open the checkbook, find a Saban or a Meyer or a Miles and get him in here to steer this ship straight.

I'd fall over dead if Nebraska ever opened up its checkbook for a proven top-tier coach. That's not ingrained in their DNA. They always want to bring in someone low and pay them for performance. That doesn't lend itself to fast turnarounds (see last conference championship). As long as they can fill the stadium and sell trinkets, they'll do it as cheaply as they can.

It is flat out obvious that this falls on the coaches not making adjustments.....granted the offense handed 5 points to UCLA....it can't all fall on the D (even though they suck) because they had plenty of chances to win this game....UCLA made adjustments and got in taylor's face non stop...Hat off to Mora and staff. How many years in a row is the basic fundamental of tackling going to be overlooked? Let's not forget the "special teams" what was maher's avg. punt tonight? If year after year my performance at work resembled a pelini defense pretty sure I would be collecting unemployment.

Chris Petersen, John Gruden, Bill Cowher, just to name a few -- gotta aim high. Give em a blank check as far as I'm concerned.

Bill Cowher was my first choice. I will stick with Bo for another 3 or 4 years. If we haven't won anything major by then, I'd cut him loose.

There are just a lot of titty-babies on this board who don't want to hear any criticism or negativity about their beloved Huskers. Well, until we demand better, nothing is going to change. Every season I see people predicting 11 or 12 wins and I'm like, "WTF??! No way. What evidence or signs of improvement would lead people to think this?" Yet when I speak up, I'm labeled as a "Debbie Downer" or "Negative Nancy." No, I just know that in order to sustain and maintain a top-notch program, you have to do whatever it takes. Open the checkbook, find a Saban or a Meyer or a Miles and get him in here to steer this ship straight.

I'd fall over dead if Nebraska ever opened up its checkbook for a proven top-tier coach. That's not ingrained in their DNA. They always want to bring in someone low and pay them for performance. That doesn't lend itself to fast turnarounds (see last conference championship). As long as they can fill the stadium and sell trinkets, they'll do it as cheaply as they can.

And as long as that mentality continues, nothing will ever change.