*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

We got killed tonight with poor field position, Maher was more to be worried about than Pelini thought. Couple that with Taylor playing like crap and the receivers not catching the damn ball and the defense not showing up until the second half and it adds up to a loss. UCLA played their asses off but if we had shown up I think its a different game.

Chris Petersen, John Gruden, Bill Cowher, just to name a few -- gotta aim high. Give em a blank check as far as I'm concerned.

Bill Cowher was my first choice. I will stick with Bo for another 3 or 4 years. If we haven't won anything major by then, I'd cut him loose.

Can you really take 3 or 4 more years of kids whiffing on tackles? I would take Solich back at this point...pretty sure his cats could roll up big numbers on pelini's nofense

There are just a lot of titty-babies on this board who don't want to hear any criticism or negativity about their beloved Huskers. Well, until we demand better, nothing is going to change. Every season I see people predicting 11 or 12 wins and I'm like, "WTF??! No way. What evidence or signs of improvement would lead people to think this?" Yet when I speak up, I'm labeled as a "Debbie Downer" or "Negative Nancy." No, I just know that in order to sustain and maintain a top-notch program, you have to do whatever it takes. Open the checkbook, find a Saban or a Meyer or a Miles and get him in here to steer this ship straight.

Easier said than done. Especially when they're all happy where they're at.

Do you want a coach here for awhile? Saban and Meyer fly away after a few years. And many, many LSU people hate Miles. I really prefer the bump and lumps of a Pelini. BTW, that was the shortest Bo Pelini post game interview ever!

We got killed tonight with poor field position, Maher was more to be worried about than Pelini thought. Couple that with Taylor playing like crap and the receivers not catching the damn ball and the defense not showing up until the second half and it adds up to a loss. UCLA played their asses off but if we had shown up I think its a different game.

It started with the receivers. Martinez is not good when he feels he has to do everything.

Jon Gruden?

You gotta be kidding me. I live in Tampa, and I saw what he did here. It is nothing for Nebraska to aspire to. He took the previous coach's team and won a Super Bowl. Then he helped dismantle the team and went into serious decline and was fired a few years later.

Tony Dungy gets all the credit. Everyone in Tampa generally agrees on this. Gruden would be the WORST choice.

Stop the Pain

Patterson of TCU would have been better but when it was down to Bo or Turner you knew you knew there was great possibilties that the mad science experiment of no previous experience need apply could backfire....and when he hiring inexperience YES men it could backfire

Believe me I WANTED it to WORK but everyone open your eyes Coz and Bo are too comparable its YR5 its time to start holding him accoutable this loss was totally preventable but with no tackling just like Coz it was inevitable.

Wow. That sucked.

Hat's off to Mora. He had his boys ready. I think I was a little too dismissive of him. Their OC called a great game, too.

I remember after the South Carolina game last year, a lot of people looked at this year's schedule, thought it looked pretty tough, looked at who we were losing from our team and predicted that we might have something like an 8-4 regular season. Let's keep our sh*t together. A couple of our conference games look more winnable than they did earlier in the year.

Someone better check on Akita to make sure he's OK. I'm off to lick my wounds.