*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

They beat us in every aspect of the game tonight and it wasn't even close...I hope our boys wake up and realize that they need to come out and play every game like it means something.

It's not just that though. Look at our starters on defense. You see anyone there that is NFL quality talent? Because the only one I see potentially is Baptiste.

What I can't get is all the people thinking...nay, expecting a blowout in this game.

You have a team that has a new coach, has four or more years of competent to good recruiting that was only hindered by inept coaching. We have no film on a NFL-caliber coach and a propensity to play down to competition, as well as an inability to handle dual-threat QBs.

And people seriously expected us to blow out UCLA. What...the...f**k.

One team's defense showed up to compete tonight. The other's didn't.

We have no play makers on defense. Compton is the only player that comes close. The drop-off in recruiting prowess is coming to fruition on that side of the ball.

It saddens me to say, but Compton is not a playmaker, nor is he the "undisputed leader" of this defense. We don't have a leader of this defense and the leader of this team was on the sidelines tonight. Compton is the second coming of Corey McKewon or Steve Octavian. Still a lot of the season left to be played, but I can't help but feel like this is 2007.

They beat us in every aspect of the game tonight and it wasn't even close...I hope our boys wake up and realize that they need to come out and play every game like it means something.

Agreed. And the score was not even indicative of the game, they killed us pretty much in everything. I am embarrassed.

I guess it's just time to come to realization that this program is never going to return to its glory days status, at least not anytime in the forseeable future. Living in the heart of SEC country, I see such a huge difference between the SEC fanbases and the once-proud Nebraska fanbase. Instead of demanding excellence, we accept mediocrity and make excuses for all of our shortcomings. Here, they accept nothing less than excellence. Trust me, Tuscaloosa is no better than Lincoln, yet they brought in a premier coach/recruiter and turned things around quickly. Ohio State will do the same. Even K-State is ahead of us. Enough with the excuses! Find an established, proven, top-notch coach and get him in here to turn this thing around. I like Pelini, but he has reached his peak as to what he's going to achieve as a head coach.