*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Hey FLU, do you live in the state of Arkansas?

Losses. They happen sometimes.

Nope, Baton Rouge. Look what they did to another up-and-coming Pac-10 team tonight. That should be what we did to UCLA. Put UCLA against LSU or Bama and see what happens.

I have nothing against losses, as long as we play well and simply get beat by a better team. But when you see the same old mistakes, year after year, with no signs of getting any better, and you are losing to teams that you should beat, then yes, I have a problem with it.

Money is the reason I think. We skimped on hiring our head coach, I remember Coach Osborne saying the salaries were way out of line and saw no reason to spend that type of money. We brought in Bo for pennies on the dollar. We hire untrained, inexperienced coaches, and I now think it is releated to money, not spending what the top programs do on their staffs.

Open the purse, keep Bo if you want, but get him qualified OC's and position coaches and pay what is demanded or this will never change.

Our recruting of what we need and what works for us is bull. We played a team with a lot of top recruits, ones that saw what we lacked and went to UCLA.

This program has the money and the fan base deserves better than what we are getting. My guess is the booster that chained us to Pelini, is about to change his mind on it.

Talent,speed, a great coach, desire, motivation and a will to win. That is what we played tonight.

Next poll will be #24 or #25 or NR.

updated prediction:

smiss - W

bruins - L

ark st - W

vandals - W

wisky - W

tOSU - L bigtime

NW - W

MU - W

MSU - L

PSU - W

Minn - W

Iowa - L

still 8W-4L

Precisely my point. What do you mean "still 8W-4L"?? You act as though that's some type of accomplishment. 8 wins sucks.

Money is the reason I think. We skimped on hiring our head coach, I remember Coach Osborne saying the salaries were way out of line and saw no reason to spend that type of money. We brought in Bo for pennies on the dollar. We hire untrained, inexperienced coaches, and I now think it is releated to money, not spending what the top programs do on their staffs.

Open the purse, keep Bo if you want, but get him qualified OC's and position coaches and pay what is demanded or this will never change.

Our recruting of what we need and what works for us is bull. We played a team with a lot of top recruits, ones that saw what we lacked and went to UCLA.

This program has the money and the fan base deserves better than what we are getting. My guess is the booster that chained us to Pelini, is about to change his mind on it.

Talent,speed, a great coach, desire, motivation and a will to win. That is what we played tonight.

Well said. I agree 100%.

I have nothing against losses, as long as we play well and simply get beat by a better team. But when you see the same old mistakes, year after year, with no signs of getting any better, and you are losing to teams that you should beat, then yes, I have a problem with it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. A loss comes with sports, but when you see a team making the same mistakes it's disheartening. You just want to reach into the TV and shake the coaching staff for their play calls and doing the same thing over and over again:(

There are just a lot of titty-babies on this board who don't want to hear any criticism or negativity about their beloved Huskers. Well, until we demand better, nothing is going to change. Every season I see people predicting 11 or 12 wins and I'm like, "WTF??! No way. What evidence or signs of improvement would lead people to think this?" Yet when I speak up, I'm labeled as a "Debbie Downer" or "Negative Nancy." No, I just know that in order to sustain and maintain a top-notch program, you have to do whatever it takes. Open the checkbook, find a Saban or a Meyer or a Miles and get him in here to steer this ship straight.

There are just a lot of titty-babies on this board who don't want to hear any criticism or negativity about their beloved Huskers. Well, until we demand better, nothing is going to change. Every season I see people predicting 11 or 12 wins and I'm like, "WTF??! No way. What evidence or signs of improvement would lead people to think this?" Yet when I speak up, I'm labeled as a "Debbie Downer" or "Negative Nancy." No, I just know that in order to sustain and maintain a top-notch program, you have to do whatever it takes. Open the checkbook, find a Saban or a Meyer or a Miles and get him in here to steer this ship straight.

Easier said than done. Especially when they're all happy where they're at.