horrible coaching

melscott62

I think Bo's seat need's to start warming up. When Taylor leave's if things aren't better he needs to go. TO hired him because Nebraska needed to improve on defense, Nebraska did and because of poor recruiting and coaching Nebraska is now to slow and misses to many tackles defense. Nebraska's offensive line gets pushed around and Nebraska has trouble defending mobile QB'S. I think he hurt himself by keeping SW when he was hired and despite O-line problems every year he keeps Cotton around. I think he fixed the recruiting this year and is doing a better job with that but if Bo does leave, Nebraska need's to reach deep into those pockets and get a top coach that top recruit's want to play for.

Bingo.

I believe this is what it is ultimately going to boil down to with our next HC (whoever that may be)..whether or not we are willing to step up and offer significant money to the tune of 4 Million which seems to be what it takes to get an elite coach these days. Our next coaching hire will be a critical one...if we do not get it right we will fade into irrelevance.

Most yds given up since 1956. Yay!

That is what happens when the coach of a poor DL gets promoted. It kind of reminds me of the corporate world when someone gets promoted just to get them out of a position where they are under performing. Honestly, what did the NU DC do in the past to warrant a promotion?

What's up with the new guy we brought in though? his DLines at Iowa were pretty decent. Does he get any input into what we do on D or is he just a yes man?

UCLA started 8. TRUE. FRESHMAN. they beat us with a MOSTLY. FRESHMAN. O-LINE.

this is year 5 of the pelini era? this is year 1 of all his recruits?

cant wait for the future

This is scary true.

This is what I do not understand with our team...We have the talent, it's just sitting on the bench. Bo needs to get over the " knows the defense better " and start letting these young kids play.

I would get rid of Ron Brown too. Dude is too busy attending city council meetings condemning homosexuals. He needs to be out recruiting football players and athletes.

Let me see if I understand this... You win a big game and you celebrate by trying to annoy the opposing fans on an Internet board? Are you officially declaring UCLA is back???? Really? Your team

Played well in front of the 12 fans that showed up in your 3/4 filled stadium. You should join those 12 people and celebrate your win. we will continue to be recognized as the best fans in college football and will be in our sold out stadium again for our next game with high hopes that we change the course...but see that's the difference.... We will do it with class and respect. And that's why I'm proud to be a husker...as for you, well good luck the rest of the year.

Ignore trolls and they go away.

Sometimes trolls are good to counteract the Kool Aid.

Over the years, I've noticed my fellow Big Red online fans have become very arrogant. They rip other teams and conferences while looking at DONU with Big Red Rose Colored Glasses. Well, we got whipped by a bottom dweller from that crappy conference on the West Coast. It's time to come to the realization that DONU is just another program. The past is past and we are no longer elite. We left the elite club in 2001. I'm not saying we can't get back, but ...

UNL is beginning to remind me of my alma mater, Oregon State, in many regards. OSU's basketball team was the 8th winningest program in 1989. Then our Hall of Fame coach retired. Corvallis, like Lincoln, is a bit of a hard sell to top recruits who want to go to cities with great weather, etc. Since 1989, OSU has had 4 winning seasons and have sunk to the 18th winningest program. Obviously UNL has done much better since Osborne left, but we haven't had any seasons that were Osborne-esqe either. I just have this feeling we, UNL, aren't going to get back into the elite status mode until we hire established coaches that kids want to come play for.

Ignore trolls and they go away.

Sometimes trolls are good to counteract the Kool Aid.

Over the years, I've noticed my fellow Big Red online fans have become very arrogant. They rip other teams and conferences while looking at DONU with Big Red Rose Colored Glasses. Well, we got whipped by a bottom dweller from that crappy conference on the West Coast. It's time to come to the realization that DONU is just another program. The past is past and we are no longer elite. We left the elite club in 2001. I'm not saying we can't get back, but ...

UNL is beginning to remind me of my alma mater, Oregon State, in many regards. OSU's basketball team was the 8th winningest program in 1989. Then our Hall of Fame coach retired. Corvallis, like Lincoln, is a bit of a hard sell to top recruits who want to go to cities with great weather, etc. Since 1989, OSU has had 4 winning seasons and have sunk to the 18th winningest program. Obviously UNL has done much better since Osborne left, but we haven't had any seasons that were Osborne-esqe either. I just have this feeling we, UNL, aren't going to get back into the elite status mode until we hire established coaches that kids want to come play for.

First thing we do is switch to Nike. Who's with me?!?!

At what point to do we consider parting ways with Bo? I am one of the bigger Bo supporters you will find, but I feel like we are stuck in first gear. I know the "but TO didnt win a NC until X #years" crowd will voice their opinion, but I think if we have another 4 loss season, Nebraska does need to consider their options.

This isn't 1980 anymore -- take a look at the number of years each head coach has been at their school, for the past few NC title winners. I do not see a better product on the field now, then I did in 2008, and I do think that is a problem.

I think the only way you part ways with Bo is if you open up your check book and get a coach that has proven he can win championships as a head coach. If we let Bo go that would be 3 coaches in 10 years we've run out of town. The next one better be a Grandslam homerun or we're Notre Dame.

At what point to do we consider parting ways with Bo? I am one of the bigger Bo supporters you will find, but I feel like we are stuck in first gear. I know the "but TO didnt win a NC until X #years" crowd will voice their opinion, but I think if we have another 4 loss season, Nebraska does need to consider their options.

This isn't 1980 anymore -- take a look at the number of years each head coach has been at their school, for the past few NC title winners. I do not see a better product on the field now, then I did in 2008, and I do think that is a problem.

I think the only way you part ways with Bo is if you open up your check book and get a coach that has proven he can win championships as a head coach. If we let Bo go that would be 3 coaches in 10 years we've run out of town. The next one better be a Grandslam homerun or we're Notre Dame.

Tom will never part with Bo. Tom remembers the criticism he faced all those times he couldn't beat OU. Hell he even considered going to Colorado to be head coach. Tom knows Bo is going thru the same problem(s). Tom wasn't always a great coach. Blasphemy I know...but true

It was obvious and scary last week how slow our front 7 is and we were defintely exposed by the bruins. They ran the same play about 20 times and we never got close to stopping it. I just can't see the defense improving with these same players, absolutely no athletism on the d-line or at linebacker.