Nebraska Vs. Arkansas State line opens at 24

If we had Idaho St this week first, and THEN Arky St, I think we'd be fine. But, I think the defense's confidence is shaken and another mobile qb (who put 34 on a speedier Oregon defense) makes this not just a "cover" question, but arguably the game that will alter the season one way or another. And, I don't just mean a loss. IF we struggle again with fundamentals and pull out a shaky win, it spells trouble for the rest of the year.

But conversely, a solid performance by the D will right the ship.

After seeing how we fared against UCLA, I just don't know. Our continuing struggles against mobile QB's has me really, really really worried. Our saving grace last year was having a good DT and Lavonte David at LB. How many plays did he blow up that Compton/Whaley just aren't fast enough to have gotten to? It was a lot. Unless we spend our practices this week rotating some of our secondary guys as a hybrid LB/S type that is a spy, we are screwed. If we don't make adjustments, I really think we might lose. I guess it boils down to if we make adjustments and how our defense reacts to the UCLA loss. Do they get pissed and hatestomp Arkansas State or are they demoralized and roll over? I guess we'll find out Saturday.

Btw, I lost a 100 pushup bet against my XO on the UCLA game. FML

This is a good team, give them respect. We will have our hands full I think.

I do not agree with the, if we win, it will fix our problems. There are far too many to think a win over this team will prepare us for Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, Northwestern and Wisconsin.

This is a win lose deal. No matter what happens, unless we blow them out and hold them to less than 250 yards. That happens, possibly and just possibly we have corrected some of the problems. This game is on the defense, period. If we put up big numbers, and win, but they have 500 yards of offense, the season is in real trouble.

Bo has a lot of work to do this weekend, some have made the comment that he looked spent after the UCLA game. Lost, deer in the head lights look. Not good.

Hope we win this convincingly, if not, not going to be many happy people in the state of Nebraska this year.

Do I really need the sarcasm thingy?

Sadly...who really knows? :hmmph I mean...we're supposed to beat them, right? Just like we were supposed to beat UCLA? And most of Memorial Stadium will sit down with their arms crossed scrutinizing the entire game , so not sure what kind of support there will be?

And it really pisses me off that I even think this...but when thinking of this upcoming game I get flashbacks of that 41-40 Ball State game a few years ago with that moron HC we had. I hope I'm way wrong and we get our heads out of our butts and play some real NU football.