What would be a good defensive showing this week?

Arkansas State comes in to this game with the 4th best offense (as in YPG). I know some (most) of their stats came against not the best competition, but our defense leaked worse than a rusty pipe last weekend.

So my question to you all is: what in your opinion would qualify as a good defensive showing against the Red Wolves? In terms of yards, big plays allowed, points allowed, et cetera.

And be realistic, I know that 0 yards allowed is a good defensive showing.

Arkansas State comes in to this game with the 4th best offense (as in YPG). I know some (most) of their stats came against not the best competition, but our defense leaked worse than a rusty pipe last weekend.

So my question to you all is: what in your opinion would qualify as a good defensive showing against the Red Wolves? In terms of yards, big plays allowed, points allowed, et cetera.

And be realistic, I know that 0 yards allowed is a good defensive showing.

0 yards is only GOOD ? Man, I'm glad I never had you as an instructor! Of course if 0 is good, then minus yards must be really good.........or even great!

But to answer your post. With their offense, if we hold them under 275 yards and less than 17 points, I'll be very satisfied regardless of how many chunks the gains come in.

What a good defense would allow with their offense: 40 yards rushing on 13 attempts, 160 yards passing on 18/35 attempts, with one big pass more than 30 yards, and 13 total points

What our defense would allow with their offense: 130 yards rushing on 22 attempts, 285 yards on 29/42 passing attempts, with three big passes of more than 30 yards, 37 total points

I expect us to look like an FBS team, and Arkansas State to look like an FCS team. Nebraska has a lot more money and resources than Arkansas State. If a team like that comes in and beats us, then what the hell are we paying for?

A-State has a decent team. I mean, they're a Sun Belt team sure, but they're the best Sun Belt team. Which is considerably better than some run-O-the-mill FCS team.

I could care less about points and yards. A lot of points and yards could come in "mop up" time if our offense goes off. I wanna see sound tackling and a push and disruption from our D-line and ability of linebackers to get things done. Until I see that, or at least improvement of, my hopes are still in the crapper.

Note-sports nightly reported that Z Anderson and Rose were practicing with the 1's today. Pap said theyre analyzing personell all across the board.

I expect us to look like an FBS team, and Arkansas State to look like an FCS team. Nebraska has a lot more money and resources than Arkansas State. If a team like that comes in and beats us, then what the hell are we paying for?

A-State has a decent team. I mean, they're a Sun Belt team sure, but they're the best Sun Belt team. Which is considerably better than some run-O-the-mill FCS team.

Oh, I see, your just making the bed all nice and soft for all the die hards to crash in next Saturday. Trying to build Arkansas State up as some sort of formidable foe. I understand. For a second there, I got the impression you were really trying to convince me that Nebraska shouldn't crush a Sun Belt team in our house? I mean, I don't really care what their numbers say.......it would be a sad state of Nebraska football if we couldn't expect to dominate Arkansas State this weekend? Wouldn't it be?

Oh, I see, your just making the bed all nice and soft for all the die hards to crash in next Saturday. Trying to build Arkansas State up as some sort of formidable foe. I understand. For a second there, I got the impression you were really trying to convince me that Nebraska shouldn't crush a Sun Belt team in our house? I mean, I don't really care what their numbers say.......it would be a sad state of Nebraska football if we couldn't expect to dominate Arkansas State this weekend? Wouldn't it be?

No, just pointing out you're way off base by comparing them to some FCS team (and you are).

I've been saying the same thing about A-State all summer. They were a good team last year, and they return just about everyone of importance this year with possibly an upgrade at head coach.

Arkansas State will get their points and their yards against Nebraska, they put up 34 on a top 5 team in the country. Call it whatever you want. It is what it is.

No, just pointing out you're way off base by comparing them to some FCS team (and you are).

I've been saying the same thing about A-State all summer. They were a good team last year, and they return just about everyone of importance this year with possibly an upgrade at head coach.

Arkansas State will get their points and their yards against Nebraska, they put up 34 on a top 5 team in the country. Call it whatever you want. It is what it is.

Do you think Arkansas State will win this game Dude?