Chase Rome quits?

Jake Sorensen@937JakeSorensen

If rumors are true about Rome leaving, obviously gives more PT to freshmen Curry, Moss. Does Vincent Valentine now not redshirt?

Jake Sorensen@937JakeSorensen

Rumors floating that #Huskers DE Chase Rome may have left the team, and not for medical reasons. More info as it comes. Big blow if true.

LINK

Not real sure that I'd consider Jake Sorensen's Twitter feed a reliable source.

Kind of what I said in the status update, but I'm wondering if some starters are losing reps or moving down the depth chart in favor of some younger, faster players, and this is causing some issues. I've heard about Santos and Anderson practicing with 1st team, but that wouldn't affect Rome would it?

Dont know if its true but it doesnt really matter. How many plays has he made? How many disruptions on plays? I think we need to weed out the poeple who are not prepared to sacrifice their body and devote there soul to husker football while here. I am not singling out ROME. I am saying in general...I dont see too many blackshirts out there right now. Maybe martin and ankrah and stafford and evans. I would award enuwa an honorary one! After that is pretty freakin weak. Just a gut feeling but I think its time to play hungry youth and let them develop. How much worse off will we be? If you give up 700 yards vs 750 who really cares. IF freshman play and get experience and we build depth that way im all for it. Id rather see mistakes by hungry, fast, attacking, excitable, and big hitting youth than pathetic tackling and bad mistakes by seniors while they look like deer in headlights out there.

• Fire 2

Sadly,this is the generation we are dealing with.Team concept is a thing of the past.Its all about the individual.Sure people will put it on the coaches,but we have had tough coaches in the past,under tough situations.Kids didn't quit when they didn't get their way in the past.Just my opinion,but we need team players.Brion Carnes didn't quit.Kudo's to him.

• Fire 3

Kind of what I said in the status update, but I'm wondering if some starters are losing reps or moving down the depth chart in favor of some younger, faster players, and this is causing some issues. I've heard about Santos and Anderson practicing with 1st team, but that wouldn't affect Rome would it?

Good point Foppa. Perhaps Valentine's Day has arrived.

I say if your not hacking in it on first team, be a man, suck it up and let someone else compete for your spot. If you happen to lose it, don't be a baby about it....work your ass off to get that spot back and earn it.

I say if your not hacking in it on first team, be a man, suck it up and let someone else compete for your spot. If you happen to lose it, don't be a baby about it....work your ass off to get that spot back and earn it.

That sounds logical...but for whatever reason not in our program. Just quit and walk away, don't work harder to get more playing time. No wonder NU struggles when we seem to have too many kids with this mentality?

i said this as a response to my status but, either this is an epidemic of players refusing to work harder to prove themselves, or something much worse about players wanting to play for this program.

I think it's a lot less about wanting to play for this program, and a lot more about wanting to play for whatever coach. If it did happen, it's bad either way.