Do we have three games left that will be tougher than UCLA?

NUance

This is one look at our schedule, from highest to lowest ranked opponents. The rankings are from the AP25 (link) and CBS Sports (link):

(AP / CBS)

#10 / #4. @Mich. State (11/03)

#12 / #5. @Ohio State (10/06)

#17 / #22. Michigan (10/27)

#22 / #37. @UCLA (09/08) LOSS 36-30

NR / #23. Wisconsin (09/29)

NR / #40. @Northwestern (10/20)

NR / #42. South’n Miss (09/01) WIN 49-20

NR / #69 @Iowa (11/23)

NR / #72. Arky St. (09/15)

NR / #76. Penn State (11/10)

NR / #94 Minnestota (11/17)

(Div I-AA) Idaho State (09/22 )

Of course this doesn't take into consideration home field advantage, and the bye weeks. Also, UCLA's ranking is buoyed up by their win over us. Similarly, Michigan is pushed down by their blowout loss to Bammy. And Wisconsin is down, well, because they sh#t the bed against Oregon St.

So my question is, Do we have three games left that will be tougher than UCLA? It looks to me like we do. And I'm not saying we necessarily lose those three games. But I think we will be lucky to win two out of three. Might be more likely that we take one out of the three.

I'll take 2 out of 3....still holds my prediction of a 10-2 season hehe

The reason I think we'll drop two B1G games is because our two toughest games are on the road. I think we handle Michigan when they come to Memorial Stadium. Also, I think Wisconsin is dangerous--better than people are giving them credit for right now. But I think we win that game too.

Oh ye of little faith ;)

Tougher games doesn't mean we won't rise to the challenge and win. Granted, my predictions before the season were another run-of-the-mill 4 loss year this year. Too much transition for it not to be, IMO. Currently, however, we're in-season and I've abandoned all contact with reality. I am sorta feeling an undefeated run en route to a Big Ten championship at the moment.

• Fire 2

Oh ye of little faith ;)

Tougher games doesn't mean we won't rise to the challenge and win. Granted, my predictions before the season were another run-of-the-mill 4 loss year this year. Too much transition for it not to be, IMO. Currently, however, we're in-season and I've abandoned all contact with reality. I am sorta feeling an undefeated run en route to a Big Ten championship at the moment.

So is one of those feelings that change minute to minute, or does it stay the same throughout the season? Does change from one extreme to the other?

Aha, I can get pretty into it during the season. I won't get too down if we do end up losing 4, but I am rootin' and cheerin' for a 10-win or 11-win season, and won't give up on the possibility until it becomes impossible.

When T.O. was brought in as AD, I didn't think 8-4 was out of the question, in 2007. So even with all the hateraid I drink, I'm not immune to the kool-aid frenzy.

I think Michigan, OSU, and Mich State maybe are going to be the tough ones...but we're a young team on defense and finding our groove and identity on both sides of the ball. So, it's all a matter of growth and how things unfold during the season. I expect we'll bring far more grizzled, veteran squads to those games than we did vs UCLA.

I'll wait and see how this team responds in the next couple of weeks before I try and predict how we do in conference play. If we play as consistently bad on defense as we played vs UCLA, I probably don't see any games left on the schedule with exception of Iowa that I would expect to win by much.

That's right. Iowa is now the worst team in the conference.

I really think our problems can be fixed. Two problems stick out in my mind after last week.

1. Terrible tackling.Many of our defensive players were in position to make tackles for losses , or minimal gain,and unfortunately, those plays weren't made.Change that and i think we beat UCLA and give ourselves a very good chance in the rest of our games.

2. When too much pressure is put on Talyor, he seems to get flustered, and reverts to making bad decisions/passes. When hes comfortable like the Southern Miss. game hes much better. More ground game, and better play calling , will go a long ways to help that.

Fix those two things and we can still win the rest of our games, if not ,I would say Mich St, Mich. and Whisky will all be very tough.

We are facing the tell tale game this weekend. I thought we would lose this game, but hopefully UCLA woke them up. It depends on how we play the game, as to how many more are tough. Dominate, contain we are in good shape for the conference. We squeek by, allow similar yards to Arky State, we will have a tough go of it.

I want to see what corrections, changes are being made. Then and only then could I say which ones are tough, if they play like last weekend, we will have a dog fight with all of them.

I would be surprised if we beat Ohio St.... It just doesn't feel like a game that Nebraska would walk in there and win, not now. I think we get Michigan, barely. Wisconsin will be close, and I can't wait for that Michigan St. game.... That is going to be a fantastic game, that I think we win in the end....

10-2!!!! Playing Purdue in the CCG....