Do we have three games left that will be tougher than UCLA?

NUance

who knows.... its WAY too early to tell for this team and the ones we play. I will say that I think UCLA is more complete that any of the teams on the schedule...osu, msu MU all have things that are very scary about them, but they all have glaring weaknesses to. and I think this team (like most teams) should get better as the year rolls on. how much is dependent on coaching but more so injuries. as much as people dont want to say it(or be labeled a whiner) not having Rex was huge. yes AA played well that game, but he also fumbled on the 25 and he still hasnt got the trust the rex does. and quite simply he isnt rex, and he may never be. but i dont think beck throws out the running game completely if 22 is in the backfield. he is too dangerous...esp in the 4th quarter. i also think that mo and zaire will be 2 of our better defenders by the end of the year and they were nonfactors here.

but who knows.... we have only played 3 games

:ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh:angry: :angry: :angry::steam :steam :steam :steam :steam :steam :cry :cry :cry:throw :throw :throw :throw :throw:boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap:rant :rant :rant:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: seconds after i post this hes out for the year

Sadly Mark, I have been FORCED into playing the role of me vs. everyone else, simply because anytime I say something critical of the team, I get chastised. I just don't understand why people can't accept criticism. When I said I predicted 8 wins or less this season, I was called crazy, retarded, etc. Why? That's my perspective and viewpoint, and a win total that I think is realistic. If you don't agree, fine, but at least respect my opinion as I respect yours. That's all I ask for, but apparently, for some, that's too much to ask; thus I always find myself on the defensive.

mock me

Exactly. Instead of being one unified front as I feel we should be (despite differences in opinion), I feel like I'm back in junior high/high school. Certain posters try to exert their authority or dominance over others, and a bunch of other followers without an original thought in their head pile on. Sad.

Instead of getting angry and venting into your keyboard perhaps you should provide some reasoning behind you opinions. People still might disagree with you but they probably won’t mock you as much. OTOH, it is sort of entertaining when you make some outlier statement, people mock you, and then you get all bent out of shape. It’s especially humorous when you get bent out of shape at one of our female posters and challenge her to a street fight. :lol:

It's not like we all don't have some sense of reality. I predicted we would go 9-3 in the regular season and I still think that is the case. I just thought we would lose to NW, OSU, and MICH. I flipped on the Michigan now that Fitz isn't getting his act together. Bashing us for being kool-aid drinkers and hoping for better when we see things work doesn't make you any better than us.

I think most Big 10 defenses will be tougher than UCLA.

I also don't think Hundley is anything remarkable. We made him look better than he was.

The downer talk is totally justified, but so is the optimism. No reason we can't beat every team we face. No reason to expect a win, either, so it's a wash. All depends on forging an aggressive, focused, fundamentals-driven teamwide mindset, and that needs to come from Bo. As currently wired, the Husker's freak out too easily.

I'm guessing there's a lot of hand-wringing on every other Big 10 Message Board, because every team looks flawed. It's a good year for conference parity, and I can't imagine a single Big 10 team being in the national championship discussion. That's pretty rare, and not very good, but we might as well make the best of it.

• Fire 1

going into last season I saw our schedule as a brutal. as the season played out and Ohio State and Wisconsin's losses mounted, Iowa imploded and everyone else remained ho-hum the schedule didn't seem so bad. And we still lost 3.

once again, going into this season I saw a tough schedule. but just as last season played out, this season is even worse. the only difference is while we played mediocre at times early last season, we've been downright pathetic for stretches this season. there's not a team on that schedule we can't beat at this point (not because of us, just because everyone else is so dang bad as well). at the same time, there's 3-4 teams that could embarrass our D and hang 60 points on us. we now play in the mountain west.

...so yes I would say we have 3 teams that are tougher than UCLA. i don't know which they will be yet, but unless we get better in a hurry on D, we'll have 3 teams that beat us by more than the 6 UCLA beat us by, and we won't be in it late in the game either.

Sadly Mark, I have been FORCED into playing the role of me vs. everyone else, simply because anytime I say something critical of the team, I get chastised. I just don't understand why people can't accept criticism. When I said I predicted 8 wins or less this season, I was called crazy, retarded, etc. Why? That's my perspective and viewpoint, and a win total that I think is realistic. If you don't agree, fine, but at least respect my opinion as I respect yours. That's all I ask for, but apparently, for some, that's too much to ask; thus I always find myself on the defensive.

Don't worry, you have thousands right there with you. Anyone that pays attention to reality and doesn't have concerns in every single aspect of Husker football as it sits, I would question their sincerity moreso

Don't worry, you have thousands right there with you. Anyone that pays attention to reality and doesn't have concerns in every single aspect of Husker football as it sits, I would question their sincerity moreso

You guys are so funny. Do you even enjoy watching Nebraska play football or are you so worried about living in the real world and fretting about every single aspect of the football team? If to you reality is fretting about whether people are crazy for thinking that NU may or may not have 3 tougher games than UCLA left, I don't do want to live in your reality.

Watching your favorite team is suppose to be fun, isn't it?

There are 4 lose-able games left on the schedule. I don't think, Wisky, Ohio St, Sparty, or Mich is going to be easy. All four of those games are going to be dog fights.

As much as those games are lose-able, they could be as easily won, if played smartly...

I've watched all three Wisconsin games, and if we lose to them we might as well forfeit the rest of our games. They're not good. I wouldn't even say they're bad. They're horrible.

Michigan State doesn't worry me at all. sh**ty pocket passer, suspect offensive line, no receivers. Bell is good, but we probably have two running backs who are better. Their defense is alright, but our offense is better.

The three teams I see maybe being able to beat us are Ohio State, Michigan, and Northwestern. Northewestern isn't a great team, but they're considerably better than Wisconsin. And they have the type of QB we struggle against.

• Fire 2

You guys are so funny. Do you even enjoy watching Nebraska play football or are you so worried about living in the real world and fretting about every single aspect of the football team? If to you reality is fretting about whether people are crazy for thinking that NU may or may not have 3 tougher games than UCLA left, I don't do want to live in your reality.

Watching your favorite team is suppose to be fun, isn't it?

It's supposed to be fun yes, watching Suh was fun, watching Zac Taylor was fun, if they don't kill Burkhead he could end up being fun......

Thing that scares me the most about Northwestern is if we somehow get a win in the "Shoe". If we beat Ohio St., you can automatically put up a red billboard on the Northwestern game. If we lose to Ohio St, especially if it's a game that we make a lot of mistakes in, then you could probably chalk Northwestern up as a W now. This is just based on the tendancies of this team over the last 4 years.