What we learned..............

We learned that Alonzo Whaley is no longer needed at the LB position. I hope for the best for Whaley, but Zaire Andersen looks the part, and has the needed speed....

I agree that Z looked good out there but doesn't he look gimpy? Also noticed a knee brace. Not sure if he got knicked up during the fall or what. Kinda scary how could he could be if at 100%

He seemed to be walking slowly after the game.... But you never know, coulda been his "cool" walk....

I learned:

Our guys are capable of actually taking proper pursuit angles and swarming the ball carrier.

Playing with a ton of speed on the field an intensity is going to be the recipe for beating Michigan and tOSU.

Our OL is very good at hitting their assignments. We seem to be the best when we pull Choi or Long.

What I knew:

Bo Pelini can come up with a scheme to beat an SEC offensive system. What we will have to do in conference is be able to stop traditional power I running.

We don't have many power I teams to play. Mich State is the only really good one. Iowa may not have a running back by the end of the year. And I don't think Wiscy knows what offense they are running.

The dangerous games everyone is most worried about are OSU, Mich and MSU, 2 spread, 1 power.

Really dont think we will learn much until we face some competition...Maybe Wisky..tOSU..These are games we are suppose to win..On the bright side, For the love of god keep Eric Martin on the field. He appears to be our only lineman who can beat his man and lay the wood.

we already learned what happens when we play competition

Agreed..lets see how this new/young defensive unit fares against some competition. We have been really good at showing up against sub-par teams..and then melting down against teams who present any kind of a challenge.

The secondary has shown huge improvement from last year. Even without Dennard. They don't look completely lost out there at all times. Joseph is already a gigantic upgrade over Raymond.

Martin needs to be named starter. He made about as many plays today as Meredith made over the last 3 years.

Ankrah still runs past the ball carrier. He can get off his blocks, but it still looks like he's trying to give the ball carrier a high 5 instead of trying to tackle him.

We won't miss Rome.

We didn't switch to a 3-4 defense this week. :o

Our defense held a pretty damn good offense to 6 points. There's still some things to iron out, but it's moving in the right direction.

Papuchis probably has more control over the defense than we think he does.

Our offensive line will be fine.

Ohio State is still beatable.

We did play 3-4 some times. It was good to see. Felt faster.

I learned that we play better when the other team shoots themselves in the foot multiple times. That game could have been a lot closer.

Martinez needs to be smarter with the ball.

Special teams worry me all the time.

The defense without slow Meredith is better than with him.

Cross is amazing... but why did they burn his redshirt? I'd like to see Kellogg drop back just once or twice.

Go Huskers1 Get that Swag Back. Arkansas still moved the ball too easily and the defense looked confused way too often.

I learned that students do not deserve any more seats and need to stop complaining how the administration isn't giving them any more seats. You could have fit AT LEAST 1,000 more people in that section today!

I learned we will be seeing the swing pass in the flats all season long on defense.

I learned we'd go 14-0 if we played teams like Ark. St. the whole season.

I learned that Memorial Stadium, when full, is more people than the city of Lincoln.

NO.

Yeah I learned that the Broad casters were terrible! I like dhow Gallaway was promoting Nascar! And how it is more exciting then any thing on Sunday in the NFL. I liked how The chic did not realize she was in a city of what roughly 200,000 now.

The secondary has shown huge improvement from last year. Even without Dennard. They don't look completely lost out there at all times. Joseph is already a gigantic upgrade over Raymond.

Martin needs to be named starter. He made about as many plays today as Meredith made over the last 3 years.

Ankrah still runs past the ball carrier. He can get off his blocks, but it still looks like he's trying to give the ball carrier a high 5 instead of trying to tackle him.

We won't miss Rome.

Our defense held a pretty damn good offense to 6 points. There's still some things to iron out, but it's moving in the right direction.

Except for the bold, I think you're spot-on. I'm wondering about the conditioning of the O-line...they're getting beat mainly in the second half. I'm not convinced. But to be fair, more than once I did like their blocking.

And on tOSU...they are beatable...IF you can contain Miller. Jury is still way out as to whether NU can do that, especially on the road.

I learned that students do not deserve any more seats and need to stop complaining how the administration isn't giving them any more seats. You could have fit AT LEAST 1,000 more people in that section today!

May I submit to you that even if we had 10,000 more student tickets, there would still be room for the same amount of people left in the section.

We won't miss Rome.

Except for the bold, I think you're spot-on. I'm wondering about the conditioning of the O-line...they're getting beat mainly in the second half. I'm not convinced. But to be fair, more than once I did like their blocking.

And on tOSU...they are beatable...IF you can contain Miller. Jury is still way out as to whether NU can do that, especially on the road.

By fine I mean one of the best in the conference, not as good as the mid-90s Husker offensive lines. Which I know by HuskerBoard standards anything less is an abysmal failure and heads should roll.