What we learned..............

I don't know if everyone appreciates what our defense did to Ryan Aplin today. Going back to the start of last season, he had averaged 321.5 total yards per game rushing and passing. Today we held him to 156. This is only the third time in his career as a starter that he's been held under 200 yards of offense, and to find the last time it happened, you have to go back to his sophomore season in 2010.

• Fire 1

I don't know if everyone appreciates what our defense did to Ryan Aplin today. Going back to the start of last season, he had averaged 321.5 total yards per game rushing and passing. Today we held him to 156. This is only the third time in his career as a starter that he's been held under 200 yards of offense, and to find the last time it happened, you have to go back to his sophomore season in 2010.

I appreciate it. Based on what we've seen so far this year, Aplin and that offense could have had a monster day. Our defense stepped up in a big way. Just have to keep improving.

Once Rex is healthy, I'd like to see us in 2 back sets about 80% of the time. Both Rex and Ameer now have a great combination of size and speed, both can block, pass protect, and catch passes out of the backfield. Rex can run a little wildcat. Heck, you could probably motion Abdullah into the slot once in a while if you wanted to... There is SO MUCH you can do with Taylor, Rex, and Ameer in the backfield together to exploit defenses without having to sub.

I appreciate it.

All of the above. Can't really add much. Some guys, mentioned above really stepped up big time. nice to see that Bo and Co actually adjusted the personnel this week to get the W. Should see improvements as the season plays out.

DB's played balls out. Hard hits and great in run support. I expect them to to be very good at the end of the season.

Really like our depth at the skill positions outside TE.

1) I no longer worry when we are on offense (props to TMart, Abdullah, the WR's, and O-Line played good at times).

2) I still worry when we are on defense. The defense played better today but nothing I saw makes me believe we can slow down Michigan, Ohio St., or Bell at MSU.

3) I continue to harp...bring the pressure, pressure, pressure. You saw their pressure cause two fumbles for us. When EMart brought the pressure we blew up their 4th down on one and nearly knocked their QB out of the game on the other. Unleash the Caveman!

4) Great TD catch by Bell!

5) Abdullah has been doing great. I still wonder if he can run like this against stiffer defenses we will see. Cross has impressed me more than I thought he would. Marrow has not impressed me as much as I thought he would.

6) PJ Smith had a nice game. I also liked Zaire Anderson on the field. Stafford has to take some better angles. Meredith is giving us nothing at DE and I would give others a chance or maybe even have him play some DT. There is no reason he should be off the edge.

7) Abdullah should have steered much more clear of that one punt but complete disaster saying the ball hit him when the replay clearly showed that it did not. Refs and TV crew completely botched that one.

8) Solid bounce back game but nothing major showing me why we should beat the big dogs of the Big 10. I give the offense a B+ and the defense a C+. Yes, we gave up few points but it is more about what I see when is it not Ark. St. but Big 10 play.

8) Solid bounce back game but nothing major showing me why we should beat the big dogs of the Big 10.

What have the "big dogs" shown that has you convinced we shouldn't beat them?

Michigan and Ohio State have the running QBs, but other than that they pretty much suck.

Michigan State has a one man offense and an overrated defense we mushed into the ground last year. There's really nothing about them that worry me.

8) Solid bounce back game but nothing major showing me why we should beat the big dogs of the Big 10.

What have the "big dogs" shown that has you convinced we shouldn't beat them?

Michigan and Ohio State have the running QBs, but other than that they pretty much suck.

Michigan State has a one man offense and an overrated defense we mushed into the ground last year. There's really nothing about them that worry me.

I have to agree, both Wiscy and Mich. St. are getting beat as we speak. Michigan and Ohio St. both rest entirely on one person (offensively), and both of their defenses aren't great either. Our offense seems to be the most talented and dynamique of any in the Big. As I watch the other teams in the Big, I really like our chances to possibly take it this year.

• Fire 1