Over-all discusion on the D

I didn't see many changes. I saw Zaire and he had a good game. I was hoping to see more DT's, but only saw Bake, Williamson, and Thad. I didnt see any of them playing poorly. Saw new faces at corner Siesay and Jean-Baptiste. I didnt see a 3-4, didnt espect to. Looked like the same old D to me.

I would like to see more attacking, less containing. That aint happening.

What grade do you give the D? You think it will look diferent come B1G play?

They looked great..........except the team they were playing didnt have a pulse. We have seen this year in and year out, look great agianst inferior competition and the second we play a decent team we either eek out a win or lose due to bonehead mistakes. Not too excited about this team so far.

I still saw a few whiffs today, which is always frustrating and concerning.

However, I also saw lots of player "finishing" the play..where the ball carrier wound up with 3 -5 people pounding him rather than 1 or 2. Also, saw a lot of team fire after good plays, which has been somewhat missing. (Players slapping helmets, chest bumping, etc) I like that sign.

I'm willing to believe UCLA was a bit of an anomaly. They played well, but I really hope our defense will not play that poorly all season. If they do, we're screwed. The defense appeared much stronger today. More energy for the most part, better fundamentals, etc. I know Ark St isn't the sh#t, but their offense is still pretty decent. I think this was a definite step up and a positive sign for the defense.

I didn't see many changes. I saw Zaire and he had a good game. I was hoping to see more DT's, but only saw Bake, Williamson, and Thad. I didnt see any of them playing poorly. Saw new faces at corner Siesay and Jean-Baptiste. I didnt see a 3-4, didnt espect to. Looked like the same old D to me.

I would like to see more attacking, less containing. That aint happening.

What grade do you give the D? You think it will look diferent come B1G play?

I thought we saw some 3-4....

• Fire 1