If you went to Lincoln, where did you live?

If you happened to live in the corner room on the long ends of Harper/Schram/Smith, underneath the desk there was an access panel that you "weren't supposed" to be able to open. ;) If you did happen to get it open, there was a hollow space in the wall against the room and then went around the corner and along the larger corner rooms on the ends. Of course once we found this out we had to try it on other floors. :) Some of them were empty. Others were obviously opened from students from other years with stuff left inside but one had a complete shrine in it with all kinds of crazy stuff left behind. We added a few things ourselves and shut it back up for future generations to find.

Yeah, that became a huge story during my freshman year in Abel. They closed them all up during 2010 Winter Break.

Yeah we had a stoner kid on my freshman year, '06, who crawled into the wall and started knocking on peoples walls.

Man, no one else lived in a frat house?

Thought about it . . . and chose to rent a house with 4 friends instead.

Did anyone else have to pretend to be related to a couple roommates on leases? There was a Lincoln law (which might still be on the books) that prohibited leasing a house to more than 4 unrelated people . . . or something like that.

Did anyone else have to pretend to be related to a couple roommates on leases? There was a Lincoln law (which might still be on the books) that prohibited leasing a house to more than 4 unrelated people . . . or something like that.

Yeah, I remember that! I had some friends that had to give up their house they rented because of that law.

Yeah, I remember that! I had some friends that had to give up their house they rented because of that law.

That law is still in effect, but I dont know that it is enforced. It is pretty stupid, honestly, it is a college town. My roommates and I tried to rent a different house earlier in the summer because it was a killer deal, and then the landlord decided to tell us that we can't because we had more than 2 unrelated people.

I gave my address.

Oh yeah, which house was that? If you don't mind me asking

Theta Chi. Never made it in (only pledged, long story, bad grades), but I lived there for a year. Many of my friends are from the house.

It's a sorority now, though - Phi Mu. Theta Chi is trying to get their charter back after some reorganization.

I gave my address.

Oh yeah, which house was that? If you don't mind me asking

Theta Chi. Never made it in (only pledged, long story, bad grades), but I lived there for a year. Many of my friends are from the house.

It's a sorority now, though - Phi Mu. Theta Chi is trying to get their charter back after some reorganization.

I bet even though it's a Phi Mu now, the collective weight inside the house is probably still the same as it was when a fraternity.

Lived in the highlands for a year when I first started. Now I live at 27th and Highway 2 in Southwood Village apartments (last minute option).

Will be moving into a 4 bedroom house on 40th and Old Cheney at the beginning of next month, cannot wait to get out of apartment living.

Dang, 40th and Old C, that is kind of far from campus, isnt it?

Knap, I remember the 97 blizzard, lots of drinking went on!

Lots of sex, too. I mean c'mon...what else was there to do? :) Wonder if the area hospitals had a surge in births nine months after that storm?

I bet even though it's a Phi Mu now, the collective weight inside the house is probably still the same as it was when a fraternity.

They were a bit of a joke when I was at UNL. Then they basically axed everyone in the house, had a Rush in the middle of the schoolyear, and all the hottest girls got in. They went from "nice" to "wow" overnight. Then I left school and basically lost track.

The very uncharitable joke when I was at UNL was to call them "Phi Moo." But that changed. Did it change back?