*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE SHAKES NEPAL; AVALANCHES ON EVEREST

LARGE AFTERSHOCKS CONTINUE TO SHAKE THE REGION

By Mary Beth Griggs Posted 2 hours ago

An earthquake struck Nepal early Saturday <snip>

The AP reports that over 4,000 people died in the quake. Initial reports from the United States Geological Survey's (USGS) rapid assessment program, PAGER categorize the event as a red alert. In a red alert, "high casualties and extensive damage are probable and the disaster is likely widespread."

The shaking triggered avalanches on Mount Everest, wiping out camps, injuring dozens and killing at least 18 people according to the AP.

LINK

84530076.jpg

A 12,600 foot high glass cage called "Step Into The Void". The worlds highest glass floor.

My engineering background tells me that you could put our entire defensive front four in that little glass room and be perfectly safe. Still, I'd be nervous as hell standing on that glass floor. :lol:

• Fire 2

84530076.jpg

A 12,600 foot high glass cage called "Step Into The Void". The worlds highest glass floor.

My engineering background tells me that you could put our entire defensive front four in that little glass room and be perfectly safe. Still, I'd be nervous as hell standing on that glass floor. :lol:

You and me both. I don't fear heights, I've dealt with them plenty, but I have expeirenced that "vertigo" feeling, and tht there would make my head spin a bit.

MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE SHAKES NEPAL; AVALANCHES ON EVEREST

LARGE AFTERSHOCKS CONTINUE TO SHAKE THE REGION

By Mary Beth Griggs Posted 2 hours ago

An earthquake struck Nepal early Saturday <snip>

The AP reports that over 4,000 people died in the quake. Initial reports from the United States Geological Survey's (USGS) rapid assessment program, PAGER categorize the event as a red alert. In a red alert, "high casualties and extensive damage are probable and the disaster is likely widespread."

The shaking triggered avalanches on Mount Everest, wiping out camps, injuring dozens and killing at least 18 people according to the AP.

LINK

So ground near the city of Kathmandu rose three feet due to the quake. That's crazy.

And Everest shrunk an inch.

2 suspects dead after gunfire at Muhammad exhibit

Jobin Panicker, WFAA-TV, and William M. Welch, USA TODAY 6:56 a.m. EDT May 4, 2015

GARLAND, Texas — Two suspects were killed after they opened fire Sunday in a parking lot outside a provocative contest for cartoon depictions of the prophet Muhammad, authorities said.

Why in the world would anyone stage an event like this? 100% chance that it would offend Islamic extremists to the point of violence. The organizers are incredibly lucky that a bunch of people didn't get killed over this. :facepalm:

/ I am NOT saying the Islamic extremists were in the right. They were not. But it's predictable that the nature of this event would goad them to violence.

Oldest complete copy of Ten Commandments displayed in Israel

By DANIEL ESTRIN 35 minutes ago
JERUSALEM (AP) — The world's oldest complete copy of the Ten Commandments is going on rare display at Israel's leading museum in an exhibit tracing civilization's most pivotal moments.
The 2,000-year-old Dead Sea Scroll, from a collection of the world's most ancient biblical manuscripts discovered near the Dead Sea east of Jerusalem, has never before been publicly displayed in Israel and has only been shown in brief exhibits abroad, said Pnina Shor of the Israel Antiquities Authority.

That'd be something to see!