*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

This was a tweet about the dude who bought all the Girl Scout cookies and how kind and generous he was. It was a heartwarming tweet.

It has since been deleted, because...

PLOT TWIST

Man who went viral for buying $540 of Girl Scout cookies arrested in DEA drug bust

A man who was praised for buying $540 in cookies so two Girl Scouts could escape the cold has been arrested on federal drug charges.

Detric McGowan went viral over the weekend after he spent $540 to buy the cookies from two girls so they didn't have to stand outside a grocery store in Greenville, South Carolina.

A picture of McGowan posing with the two girls was posted on Facebook by the girls' cookie manager and shared thousands of times. The story even picked up national coverage, including from CNN.

The purchase happened Friday.

Tuesday morning, authorities arrested McGowan on several charges, including conspiracy to manufacture and distribute heroin, cocaine and fentanyl.

The 21-page indictment also says McGowan and 10 others conspired to import the drugs from Mexico into the United States. Authorities said they were found with more than $1 million in cash.

Although McGowan's lawyer, Janis Hall, didn't comment on the case, she did tell CNN she believes he's a good-hearted person.

The DEA official said the viral photo from this weekend had nothing to do with the agency's federal drug charges stemming from a grand jury begun in 2018.

They've been doing construction at DIA and they're really playing into all of the conspiracy theories. Not sure how this guy fits in but I thought it was kinda cool.

Gargoyle provides entertainment for DIA travelers

DENVER — As Denver International Airport celebrates its 24th birthday on Thursday, we're learning more about the mysterious chatty gargoyle that showed up at the airport last month.

In mid-January, Greg, a talking gargoyle, popped in the Great Hall and interacted with curious travelers by moving and talking to them as they passed. 

3 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

My guess is this could be viral marketing campaign. Kraft fell short of their projections last quarter.  Time to go buy some Kraft Singles to throw at your children! Stand your ground and buy store brand!

Or buy actual cheese instead of "processed cheese product". But still don't throw it at kids.

• Fire 1

Omaha!

We found the worst drive-thru customer of all time

An Omaha woman—who is presumably not a jerk—was driving a 2003 Kia Sorrento was in a Taco Bell drive-thru, ordering food via the intercom at 1:40 a.m., when she “felt a jolt.” A Volkswagen Jetta had rear-ended her car. She exited her vehicle and asked the man driving the Jetta to back up so she could see if the car was damaged. He denied hitting her car, and a female passenger in his car also denied that it happened. They refused to back up, and became hostile. Solid people, right?

At some point, the Kia driver wisely started recording the interaction on her phone. The Jetta driver and his passenger “began yelling at her to stop recording.” The dude then got out of his car, grabbed her phone, and threw it in the snow. The phone was still recording, and per the World-Herald, the Kia driver can be heard on the video saying the police had been notified. And then this s#!t happened:

“That’s when he got back in his car and began going full speed ahead, ramming my car,” the woman said. “I got back in my car to try and get it out of the way. Someone [from Taco Bell] said, ‘Get out of the car, get out of the car. It’s not worth getting killed.’ ”

• Plus1 1

Man this has been pretty scary.  I have family that had to evacuate.  Lots of displaced animals too.  One confirmed death.  Sad.  Nebraskan's are in my thoughts today.

Nebraska farmer is killed trying to rescue someone in state's worst flooding in 50 years

Nebraska rescue teams have been pulling trapped residents out of flood waters since Thursday.

James Wilke, a Columbus farmer, got a call to assist a stranger, and never came home. According to CNN affiliate KMTV, a close family friend posted on social media about his last moments.

"It is no surprise to anyone that knew James that when he got the phone call to assist emergency responders ... his answers would be yes," Jodi L. Hefti wrote on Facebook.

"With the guidance of emergency responders, James drove his tractor over the Shell Creek bridge on the Monestary Road and the bridge gave out. James and the tractor went down into the flood water below."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1