*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

There are ten businesses on the block where my office is located, and a handful of apartments over the buildings. Within the past three months three business owners have died on this block. Three others have had career ending illnesses. If you go back a bit further, two more deaths and a couple more illnesses. It's sort of weird how they're dropping like flies. And by the way, I didn't kill any of them. In case you were wondering. LOL

There are ten businesses on the block where my office is located, and a handful of apartments over the buildings. Within the past three months three business owners have died on this block. Three others have had career ending illnesses. If you go back a bit further, two more deaths and a couple more illnesses. It's sort of weird how they're dropping like flies. And by the way, I didn't kill any of them. In case you were wondering. LOL

Are you a business owner?

Yeah. Hard to believe, isn't it? :lol:

So your life expectancy is about 6 months?

So your life expectancy is about 6 months?

Yeah, that's about right. My wife bumped up my life insurance coverage. She's feeling lucky! lol

I should explain this epidemic of deaths a bit more. Two of them were 70+ year old husband/wife owners of an antique shop. She died of diabetes complications about three months ago. He fell down the stairs a few weeks later and was found dead in the morning. The other business owner was 61 years old. He died of a heart attack a couple days ago. The illnesses have all been to older folks--mostly 65+ yrs. I guess these things just happen. Still sort of weird though. /shrug

36 killed, 47 injured in Shanghai stampede
Associated Press By DIDI TANG 2 hours ago
SHANGHAI (AP) — People unable to contact friends and relatives streamed into hospitals Thursday, anxious for information after a stampede during New Year's celebrations in Shanghai's historic waterfront area killed 36 people in the worst disaster to hit one of China's showcase cities in recent years.
The Shanghai government said 47 others received hospital treatment, including 13 who were seriously injured, after the chaos about a half-hour before midnight. Seven of the injured people had left hospitals by Thursday afternoon.

Wow, this is crazy. My wife tells me this happens every year in Shanghai. But there have never been this many people killed before. :facepalm:

WHEN I heard the learn’d astronomer;

When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;

When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;

When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,

How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;

Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself,

In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,

Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.

Walt Whitman

(as recited by Gale Boetticher on Breaking Bad)

Girl survives plane crash that killed family, walks to find help

January 3, 2015 http://www.chicagotribune.com/

Bleeding and alone, 7-year-old Sailor Gutzler had just survived a plane crash that killed her family. She walked through about a mile of woods and thick briar patches, wearing a short-sleeve shirt, shorts and no shoes in near-freezing temperatures when she saw a light in the distance.

The beacon led her to Larry Wilkins' home, police said, and she knocked on the door. Wilkins answered to find a thin, black-haired girl, whimpering and trembling. "I come to the door and there's a little girl, 7 years old, bloody nose, bloody arms, bloody legs, one sock, no shoes, crying," Wilkins, 71, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "She told me that her mom and dad were dead, and she had been in a plane crash, and the plane was upside down."

Wow. Just wow.

Audi is making two world premieres at this week’s 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, one of which is an autonomous A7 concept that drove to the event itself, after starting off Saturday in San Francisco. The total distance traveled was more than 550 miles, with a number of engineers and journalists given time behind the wheel.

Not only is the stunt being used to gather data for an eventual production autonomous car from Audi, it’s also a means of demonstrating the viability of a self-driving car in existing traffic and road conditions. The trek took the A7 concept across roads in California and Nevada, both of which have given a number of automakers permission to test autonomous cars on public roads.
The A7 concept is able to drive itself between speeds of 0 and 70 mph, including making lane changes and passing maneuvers. Before making a lane change, the vehicle adapts its speed to surrounding vehicles. If the speed and distance calculation is deemed safe, the vehicle initiates the lane change with precision and in a timely manner.

Link

Girl survives plane crash that killed family, walks to find help

January 3, 2015 http://www.chicagotribune.com/

Bleeding and alone, 7-year-old Sailor Gutzler had just survived a plane crash that killed her family. She walked through about a mile of woods and thick briar patches, wearing a short-sleeve shirt, shorts and no shoes in near-freezing temperatures when she saw a light in the distance.

The beacon led her to Larry Wilkins' home, police said, and she knocked on the door. Wilkins answered to find a thin, black-haired girl, whimpering and trembling. "I come to the door and there's a little girl, 7 years old, bloody nose, bloody arms, bloody legs, one sock, no shoes, crying," Wilkins, 71, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "She told me that her mom and dad were dead, and she had been in a plane crash, and the plane was upside down."

Wow. Just wow.

I was watching the story about it on NBC and they interviewed a guy that had lost both parents in 2 separate plane crashes and he was in both and walked away. I would never fly again.