According to Phil Steele...

Saunders

NW, although carrying the B1G banner, will not be a problem. A complete D melt down last year cost us that game. Offense is light years ahead of last year. I also think that after seeing Paps Sat on the sideline, one coach gets "it". It is ok to show emotion, it is ok to play with emotion, it is ok to get a team fired up mentally to lay an a$$ kicking to a team that shouldn't even be on our radar.

Now winning the B1G is a hard order, but can be done. None of the teams our that good right now. Unfortunately, just as we are improving and starting to hit conference play and see tougher foes, OSU, Michicken, Michicken lite are all doing the same thing. They have good coaches who, like Bo are doing everything to adjust the on field performance. Calling talent equal across the board ie we have Rex/AA/Cross/Heard, Wisky has Ball. Martinez vs Miller etc..... It will, IMO, come down to coaching and the ability of the staff to develop an exceptional game plan, adjust on the fly and for once, force teams to adjust to us.

Northwestern, like alot of the teams I have been watching in the Big 10, is slow on defense. Linebackers, d-line....slooooooooooooooooow. However, since Nebraska consistently plays flat for around two to three games every season, I definitely could see us losing to Ohio St, Mich, Mich St, Wisconsin, and/or Northwestern.

Even in a very crappy Big 10, I still see Nebraska losing at least another two games, so yeah, Phil Steele may have been exposed to too much radiation from his TV room.

I'm definitely not with him on some of his predictions. I'll give a few that I disagree on:

1. I think he screwed the Big 12 all up.

-Oklahoma shows me nothing and they have some major issues on both sides of the ball. I see 3-4 losses there.

-Texas will still show to be stagnant on offense once they play an opponent that's worth a damn. At least 2 losses there.

-K-State... Wow.. Total disagreement there. I think they will be fighting with WVU for the conference title and a BCS berth. Steele has the fighting Snydercats losing to Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Baylor all in a row. I see them taking all of those by at least 7 points. The games against OU, Texass, and WVU will decide how good of a team they really are.

-Finally, I see West Virginia running a train through the conference. Lots of ppl disagree with me here, but I see the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the nation and a buttload of awesome skill position players that offensive mastermind Holgorsen has to work with. Their D is somewhat vulnerable, but their offense will fit in well with the Big Texas conference.

2. FLORIDA?... They sure haven't shown me much. Texas A&M's D wasn't all that great and Florida still only scored 20 points on them. Steele has FU beating LSU, SC, and Georgia. I see them dropping AT LEAST 2 out of those 3, if not all of them. Then I could see them also losing to either Mizzou or Vandy. Just not enough production out of the QB position for the Gators.

I think (hope) he hit the B1G on the head potentially, and the ACC and Pac12 as well. I just think that he wiffed on the Big Texas conference and also with Florida.

My $0.02

We'll lose to Northwestern unless we play our butts off. They're playing some of the most inspired football in the Big Ten right now.

That's clearly the ether talking.

northwestern does have the best coach in the B1G. they will always give teams fits. like isu with cpr or ole miss once did.

Give teams fits so much they're not a rollover? Maybe. Best coach in the conference? Hardly.

We'll lose to Northwestern unless we play our butts off. They're playing some of the most inspired football in the Big Ten right now.

northwestern does have the best coach in the B1G. they will always give teams fits. like isu with cpr or ole miss once did.

Give teams fits so much they're not a rollover? Maybe. Best coach in the conference? Hardly.

so you agree. he is the best coach in the conference, even if just hardly.

northwestern

does have the best coach in the B1G. they will always give teams fits. like isu with cpr or ole miss once did.

so you agree. he is the best coach in the conference, even if just hardly.

SEMAAAAAAANTIIICCCCSSSSS!!!!!!!

(if you picture The Wrath of Kahn, this comment works).

I'm still drunk from Friday. Somebody made me drink too much.

And that's my fault? We drank beers on Thursday.

Does nobody see this as possible? The B1G is in bad shape at the moment, and I think we have as good a chance as anyone to run the table, and win the league. The Ohio St. game is concerning, but their defense is below average, and we should be able to move the ball on them at will. It'll be interesting, and lets hope Mr. Steele is right!

On a side note, I also picked Nebraska vs. Purdue in the B1G Championship before the season started :wasted:power

Yes you did and I think we all laughed at you when you said Purdue............................we're not laughing now..................it seems like a real possibility. My biggest concern is if we do win the B1G, getting humiliated in the Rose Bowl against Oregon or USC. Both of those teams would put up some monster numbers on our current defense. Who knows what it'll look like at the end of the season.