What Did We Learn

walksalone

Before the kick return by Idaho state becomes a completely over blown irrelevant issue, an attempt must be made to leave the endzone.. There was no attempt whatsoever. Moot issue

You mean the end zone?

I also learned that Charles Jackson could've knocked that TD pass by Idaho St. away.

Not alot to learn from this game. The opposing talent was just not there.

That said, the few things to look at..

Too many penalties on us. That needs to clean up, mental mistakes might cost us a game later.

Martin may not be a good run defender, but he is a QB seeking missile.

There is a serious gap between Taylor and the backups.

What I learned today...

Nothing of any relevance as far as us goes.

1. Bob Stoops is passed his prime. Superior talent and that only is keeping his job in Norman. I've been sensing this for a few years now, but now I have the balls enough to say it aloud.

2. Bill Snyder is a straight up boss. Incredible coach. What's Kansas St. going to do when he retires, again? And how'd they get him 25 years ago to begin with?

3. Denard Robinson is and always has been incredible over-rated as a qb. I said in the offseason Taylor would outplay him all year, in ever aspect. It's looking more and more like a certainty each week. Denard-great athlete. Average QB. Last year, we just happened to catch him on his best day when we had our worst. He's a turnover machine waiting to happen, and it did again tonight.

4. Florida St. might actually be "back" this time.

5. Kansas St. might acutally be "here" (their program does not qualify for "back", you cant return to where you never were)

6. Maybe we're next. We pounded on an overmatched team in ever aspect. Yes, it was a mediocre 1-AA team, BUT THAT'S WHAT YOURE SUPPOSED TO DO TO THESE TEAMS.

Last thing, get your Team Jack-out shirts bought up. I wanna see the stadium filled with these next week.

We learned that there is a lot of potential on this team.

1. Daniel Davie-- He looked real good in coverage today, looks like a bright future.

2. Imani Cross-- Watch Leveon Bell play, and I think you will see that being Cross in a few years.

3. Avery Moss-- He got a lot of push on the pocket in this game, against Idaho St. however.

4. We have four backs that have been, or could be all conference during their Nebraska Careers.

We learned that there is a lot of potential on this team.

1. Daniel Davie-- He looked real good in coverage today, looks like a bright future.

2. Leveon Bell--Watch how Imani Cross plays and this is how he could've looked by this year

3. Avery Moss-- He got a lot of push on the pocket in this game, against Idaho St. however.

4. We have four backs that have been, or could be all conference during their Nebraska Careers.

Fixed it for you. Not impressed with Leveon. Anyone can get the yards he gets when he gets 30 carries a game and no passing game.

D. Will Beck stick to the running game when it is working? And when we are down less than a touchdown?

Made a little addition to your last thought.

We learned that our offense has the skills to score often, but we tend to ease off the gas after a 3 TD lead. I know we were going against Idaho St., but if we jump out to a 3 TD lead against our conference foes, we better not ease off the gas. That's one of the reason why Shawn Watson got fired (in my opinion). You want to ease off the gas on big lead? Do it in the final 10 min of the game.

Dude, you realize we dropped 35 points on them by the end of the 1st right?

It really does bug me too when we get leads on teams and get too conservative and let them back into the game, but it's not even conference time yet. I think Beck will hopefully do a better job of this during the conference schedule this year... We'll wait and see. Every time I think he's ready to take the next step as an OC, we experience a UCLA-Wisconsin-Michigan-like crapapalooza in the playcalling department.

Also, I learned that I still freaking HATE BETH MOWINS. I believe it was the Central Michigan - Iowa upset (:D) she was calling with Galloway, but he canNOT be happy about that pairing. She actively tries to be a dude. Gawd. :ahhhhhhhh