What Did We Learn

walksalone

I learned: that our defense appears to be improving (I think) each week since the UCLA game. Hopefully enough to win us the rest of our games.

That Braylon Heard is a beast. No lie, I really just learned this. He ran well.

That we could probably plug in Marrow, Zimmerer, or Janovich and see pretty much the same result. Good or bad? IDK. I'll say this though: based on what I've seen, I think Legate was a better fullback than the guys we currently have. I have big hopes for Janovich at that position though. Beef up son!

Heard has an extra gear.....a Reggie Bush gear.

His running style has always reminded me of Reggie Bush. The way he seems to effortlessly glide and accelerate quickly, even the way he holds the ball.

I learned: that our defense appears to be improving (I think) each week since the UCLA game. Hopefully enough to win us the rest of our games.

That Braylon Heard is a beast. No lie, I really just learned this. He ran well.

That we could probably plug in Marrow, Zimmerer, or Janovich and see pretty much the same result. Good or bad? IDK. I'll say this though: based on what I've seen, I think Legate was a better fullback than the guys we currently have. I have big hopes for Janovich at that position though. Beef up son!

Heard has an extra gear.....a Reggie Bush gear.

His running style has always reminded me of Reggie Bush. The way he seems to effortlessly glide and accelerate quickly, even the way he holds the ball.

he's been a casaulty of depth. He should be someones number one. Glad he's ours though

I don't think you learn anything in a game like this ... and I didn't watch it. Took a nap. I did notice we were able to accumulate 9 penalties for over 100 yards. Was the competition that great that this was needed? I read we had two turnovers. So, without watching the game ... I see we atleast kept those stats in line and should bode well to keep us in games that we should win easily rather then blowing them out.

I don't take alot of these big plays with much upside as you have to look at the competition. Glad lots of players got to play and some reps ... here's hoping this doesn't lead to a false sense of accomplishment ... more will be accomplished in a scrimmage against our 3rd to 4th stringers.

FYI, took off my red glasses to comment on this thread ... and again, didn't watch the game.

Turnovers were a pick thrown by Kellogg and a fumble between Bronson marsh and Imani Cross, so I think you could calm your self a little on the turnovers

We learned that we can play well against the passing game of a FCS team.

We learned that Eric Martin is the pure definition of a pass rusher. Maybe we should recruit more LB's and beef them up to play DE? Isn't that what most teams are doing anyway?

We learned that our offense has the skills to score often, but we tend to ease off the gas after a 3 TD lead. I know we were going against Idaho St., but if we jump out to a 3 TD lead against our conference foes, we better not ease off the gas. That's one of the reason why Shawn Watson got fired (in my opinion). You want to ease off the gas on big lead? Do it in the final 10 min of the game.

Maybe it was the tighter coverage, but I counted 3 pass interference calls on Nebraska. Two of which i agreed with. The 1st and 3rd ones were pass interference. The second one looked like pass interference as well, but i heard them say Evans turned his head around.

Also, it is true that during a Idaho St. kick return that #97 put the ball on the ground and ran towards the sidelines, he never fully downed the ball and it should have been a fumble?