11AM (CT) Presser today

Saunders

Nebraska Huskers@Huskers

#Huskers A.D. Tom Osborne & UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman will hold a press conf. today at 11 a.m. (CT) about future of Nebraska Athletics.

Rumors are that TO is retiring.

I hope not. He has meant so much to the University. The next one will have some BIG shoes to fill. Lets hope it is a former Cornhusker, that will embrace the tradition. Not an idiot like the last one. I still can't get over how a Nebraskan could want to change every thing that was great about the football program, the tradition, just to put his stamp, on the university.. I wonder if he has to sneak back into the state to visit family.

GBR!!!

Those bigwig academic types are very arrogant and think they know everything. I work at a university and I see it quite a bit. They like to change things for the sake of change, and as you said to put their stamp on things. Pedey's stupidity is not surprising to me.

More than a little concerned with the timing of this. Big game coming this weekend, start of conference play, and suddenly with no prior warning there's a presser scheduled.

Please let this just be Tom wanting to ride off into the sunset, and it's been the plan to announce it now all along. Holding my breath that this isn't a health concern.

More than a little concerned with the timing of this. Big game coming this weekend, start of conference play, and suddenly with no prior warning there's a presser scheduled.

Please let this just be Tom wanting to ride off into the sunset, and it's been the plan to announce it now all along. Holding my breath that this isn't a health concern.

Yes, timing is a major concern here. There must be an issue, as much as I hope there aint. But considering Tom's humble personality, doing this today with everything else going on from big game, to uniforms and shoes, it just doesnt add up. The more I think about it, the more concerned I get.

I agree. Not sure this is the best timing, unless it is something that has to happen now.

Nebraska Huskers@Huskers

#Huskers A.D. Tom Osborne & UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman will hold a press conf. today at 11 a.m. (CT) about future of Nebraska Athletics.

Rumors are that TO is retiring.

I hope not. He has meant so much to the University. The next one will have some BIG shoes to fill. Lets hope it is a former Cornhusker, that will embrace the tradition. Not an idiot like the last one. I still can't get over how a Nebraskan could want to change every thing that was great about the football program, the tradition, just to put his stamp, on the university.. I wonder if he has to sneak back into the state to visit family.

GBR!!!

honestly, with how major this announcement seems to be (because of them calling it with such short notice), TO stepping down might be the best thing that could come of it. he has accomplished a lot, probably time to let someone else step in while things are nice and calm.

what i am saying is that i hope it is not something worse.