The Legacy of Tom Osborne

knapplc

Tom Osborne personifies everything I'm fiercely proud of about my alma mater.

That's it. That's maybe the most succinct I've ever been.

I was grateful in 1997 when he exited and I'm grateful today.

Thank you, Dr. Tom for being the architect of an institution I am infinitely proud to have attended, represented, and proudly supports.

• Fire 1

A lot of Nebraska fans don't get what it was that the man really brought to Nebraska- that is, he is as honest and humble of a man that'll you'll know- he wasn't perfect and said as much, but he not only believed in doing things the right way, he also displayed those beliefs in his actions- winning was really only a result of doing things the right way, or as people like to say "the Nebraska way".

The media wanted to paint him as a bad guy in the 90's and he will always be linked to "LP" but those who have read his books and observed his manner over 35+ years will tell you that the LP thing was handled by Tom as best as he knew how and "winning" wasn't part of the reason he let LP play in the bowl game.

I also want to say thanks to all the knuckleheads that DIDN'T understand he was as honest of a politician as anyone will ever see, and because there are always 50% of any population that votes without any real thought as to who they're voting for, Tom Osborne wasn't elected to lead the state, and instead was available to right the Nebraska Football ship when it was going down faster than the Titanic.

God Bless Tom Osborne

• Fire 1

A lot of Nebraska fans don't get what it was that the man really brought to Nebraska- that is, he is as honest and humble of a man that'll you'll know- he wasn't perfect and said as much, but he not only believed in doing things the right way, he also displayed those beliefs in his actions- winning was really only a result of doing things the right way, or as people like to say "the Nebraska way".

The media wanted to paint him as a bad guy in the 90's and he will always be linked to "LP" but those who have read his books and observed his manner over 35+ years will tell you that the LP thing was handled by Tom as best as he knew how and "winning" wasn't part of the reason he let LP play in the bowl game.

I also want to say thanks to all the knuckleheads that DIDN'T understand he was as honest of a politician as anyone will ever see, and because there are always 50% of any population that votes without any real thought as to who they're voting for, Tom Osborne wasn't elected to lead the state, and instead was available to right the Nebraska Football ship when it was going down faster than the Titanic.

God Bless Tom Osborne

Think how tough it would have been if he had been elected gov.

Listening to 590 and Mitch Sherman yesterday. When he retired in '97 coaching was easier for him than it had ever been, and he retired because he had made a promise to Frank. He gave it up because he had made a promise. I didn't know that, cool dude.

I think the coaching staff should wear red pants to honor Tom during the game this weekend.

That's a dope look IMO.

he had a gd cellphone pocket before cellphones existed. also, sweet kicks.

How bout that white belt? I thought golfers made that famous! Oh TO, you trend setter you!

the stadium looks like a high school stadium.