Possible candidates for Osborne successor?

Paul Meyers will probably be a front runner. After all, wasnt he the catalyst for the former AD to get his rear end booted out?

Yes he was. His very brief departure was the end of Petersen. I know someone who is a substantial donor and told me a day before the firing the Peterson was getting booted. I said, naw, no way. He said watch. Paul Meyers just quit and now sh#t's hittin the fan. Epic day.

As far as Trev Alberts goes I think to say his hands were tied with the UNO situation is a pretty safe assumption. Maybe it wasnt handled the best but regardless, you think a guy of his competitive nature and football background and success would do away with a football and national champion wrestling program just to feed his ego?

Can't say much on his intentions for the football program, but he was never very supportive of the wrestling program and at odds with it's head coach.

Paul Meyers will probably be a front runner. After all, wasnt he the catalyst for the former AD to get his rear end booted out?

Yes he was. His very brief departure was the end of Petersen. I know someone who is a substantial donor and told me a day before the firing the Peterson was getting booted. I said, naw, no way. He said watch. Paul Meyers just quit and now sh#t's hittin the fan. Epic day.

As far as Trev Alberts goes I think to say his hands were tied with the UNO situation is a pretty safe assumption. Maybe it wasnt handled the best but regardless, you think a guy of his competitive nature and football background and success would do away with a football and national champion wrestling program just to feed his ego?

Can't say much on his intentions for the football program, but he was never very supportive of the wrestling program and at odds with it's head coach.

I should've worded my statement to say "you would think". I'm more or less prying the people who know a lot more about that situation than what I've heard and read. Based on my opinions of Trev, it's just hard to believe he would do something like that to either program if his hands weren't tied.