My prediction

mwj98

Unfortunately I am expecting another letdown and another loss to an inferior opponent due to our own self-destruction, followed by another epic meldown on HB

Well, you are seriously no fun then! You need some kool-aid my friend! (after the last several seasons, it is hard to get over the impending sense of doom...but give it a try). Your comment about a meltdown is spot on though. I won't even come on here for a few days if we lose...don't need that negativity and aggravation...it's worse than the loss itself it seems.

Unfortunately I am expecting another letdown and another loss to an inferior opponent due to our own self-destruction, followed by another epic meldown on HB

Those kind of trends don't last forever. The UCLA loss was disappointing, but there was something to be encouraged about as well. I believe that in years past (probably last year) that would have been a game that we lose by 3-4 touchdowns.... Something to think about when looking for progress....

I am expecting the offensive coordinator to grow up in this game. Exploit the passing game when appropriate, utilizing the variety of capable receivers. However, never forgetting the run game. Rex, Ameer, Heard, etc. will carry the pill. If there is a three and out after three passes, it should not happen again in the game. Pound the ball, and only then use the play action and throw. Defense will be adequate, but this team will rise and fall in the BIG with good game planning and execution on offense. GBR!

I am expecting the offensive coordinator to grow up in this game. Exploit the passing game when appropriate, utilizing the variety of capable receivers. However, never forgetting the run game. Rex, Ameer, Heard, etc. will carry the pill. If there is a three and out after three passes, it should not happen again in the game. Pound the ball, and only then use the play action and throw. Defense will be adequate, but this team will rise and fall in the BIG with good game planning and execution on offense. GBR!

Beck needs to show he can game plan for four quarters, won't change until actually stopped, won't try and force the square peg into the round hole and can adapt, change and improvise if and when needed. Until that happens, we will see the likes of UCLA this year, Wisky last year etc...... O also needs to play solid. Receivers who are catching have helped tremendously so far and I expect this to continue. First time since Swift and Todd P we have guys who can routinely catch.

Beck needs to show he can game plan for four quarters, won't change until actually stopped, won't try and force the square peg into the round hole and can adapt, change and improvise if and when needed. Until that happens, we will see the likes of UCLA this year, Wisky last year etc...... O also needs to play solid. Receivers who are catching have helped tremendously so far and I expect this to continue. First time since Swift and Todd P we have guys who can routinely catch.

I agree. That being said, I am feeling the kool aid a bit. IF we score with good drives or big plays early, I don't believe Wisconsin can play well from behind in Lincoln. I will be stuck in front of my TV in SoDak, but I hope the crowd is electric! Tomorrow night could be fantastic with a big win and 3-4 commitments in the next week!

Nebraska 34

Wisconsin 21

I think when you factor in...

• The homecoming atmosphere
  • The alternate uniforms
  • The beating we took last year up in Madison
  • A redshirt freshman QB making his first road start
  • Montee Ball not playing like himself / not 100% healthy
  • How much their offense has plummeted since 2011
  • We've scored at least 30 points in every game so far this season (55 per game at home)

We have a lot to feel good about going into this game. I don't think Taylor has a huge game statistically through the air or on the ground, but I believe he'll learn from his mistakes last year and protect the football better as well as make better decisions. I feel like our running backs will carry us once again in this one. Rex has his 2012 coming out party and Braylon Heard also steps up big by showing off his speed.