Why?!?!?!

JPHUSKER89

I (like many of you) thought we pissed this game down our leg when Wisky went up 27-10. There was a lot of ugly football in there. We need ball security as it was not good today. The other thing which was killing us was Stave sitting back comfortable and making throws on us. The adjustment of getting pressure and knocking him to the ground changed the momentum of the game. We started to get the push upfront and Wisky couldn't move the ball. The D was pumped up and this type of play allowed us to stuff the final 4th and 1. We have to play aggressive defense or I actually just expect to lose. I knew the offense had the plays to try to get us back in this game and great job by them to comeback. Tonight was hopefully a turning point for the defense. I'll have to go back and look but we seemed less confused in the second half, whereas the first half we couldn't line up and looking confused and getting burned (this has got to stop...the announcers commented how bad it was...I had bad memories from the same thing v UCLA).

Great win but I am not confident we can hang with OSU next week...we just barely skated by a non-ranked Wisky at home. Glad we won but hasn't changed my perspective on losing to OSU by a pretty wide margin. I hope the team proves me wrong.

The first snap of the game was a fumble.

Rex fumbles off of the back of his own player.

A couple penalties.

A long play by them.

They execute plays and seem like they believe in their plan.

We are jittery and uptight.

It's a pattern.

I think the look and tone of Bo is like "what the hell, I'm exaserbated by our play, cuz there are plays to be made, my players just simply aren't making them" which could be construed as Bo is letting us down.

Once we made slight adjustments and made plays, it worked for us.

The thing that I think is that if we don't have a Suh, Prince, Helu, Dennard (basically an NFL type player out there) why can't he make the 'system' applicable to guys who are just good college players?

Well, did we suddenly change systems in the 2nd half, or did our guys decide to execute and make some damn PLAYS?

What I liked and commented on was that our seniors stepped up. Fisher made 2 or 3 plays in the 4th qtr. PJ Smith had a couple nice plays. Compton played well. Rex carried the rock. Cotton had some nice plays. J Jackson was there all night. Whaley did his thing. Martin was a force.

That shows that (finally) the older guys took it upon themselves to make plays and get it done. They knew the scheme and just executed. Pelini is doing good, he just needs the boys to decide for THEMSELVES that they will get it done.

Isn't that life, in general, with men?