TMAGIC was a leader tongiht

Taylor Martinez:

I saw a QB that settled down in the 2nd half.

I saw a QB that didn't give up when gave up the ball and when the game seemed out of reach.

I saw a QB that made something out of nothing when it mattered most.

I saw a QB threw a perfect touchdown strike to put NEB within 3 points.

I saw a QB RUN HIS ASS OFF and get YARDS AFTER CONTACT.

I saw a QB take over the game and lead his team to victory.

Redemption.

Enough said...

• Fire 1

I kept saying to the tv:

Make yourself a threat! Even if its a 3-5 yd gain, make them respect your feet. Every drive that mattered in the late 3rd-4th qtr, he'd run for a gain here and there. It really did change the dynamic of the offense.

And damn sure if there's a step he has on defenders, he's GONE.

every defense still has to game plan for him.

He looked calm amd in charge, of that there is no doubt

made good decisions

This one's probably biggest for me. Ability level only takes you and the team so far until you start melting down. He doesn't melt down anymore, basically not at all.

He's starting to get that fifth sense when he needs to tuck it and run it. And the thing that's actually allowing that to happen is that our line is buying him the time to do that.

Those two things working in tandem are changing our offensive attack completely.

made good decisions

He's starting to get that fifth sense when he needs to tuck it and run it. And the thing that's actually allowing that to happen is that our line is buying him the time to do that.

e1156127e1d296b5c22530e1bfdd56d8_m.jpg

Everyone knows 'Pocket Presence" is one of the five senses. Touch, Smell, Taste, Hearing, Pocket Presence.

I was seriously impressed with Martinez Saturday night...and I'm glad that I was wrong about him.

I just hope the staff can keep these kids calm, cool, and collected coming out of the chute--whatever Bo said pre-game, it apparently made the team want to run through a concrete wall for him...but without the ball. :)

---

And this isn't a dig on Martinez, since it wasn't his fault, but isn't this the third time a weakside blitz caused a fumble with Martinez this year? I expect to see them do that all day in Columbus in an attempt to rattle Martinez.

What's scary is that one of these weakside screw-ups is going to cost us our QB for the rest of a game, or a season, if we're not careful. We talk about how special Martinez is, but our team doesn't appear to cover his six (on the field) consistently...

Gotta be happy for the kid, he stepped up and delivered it when we needed it. He had some bad throws but for the most part he did fine. And FWIW, his fumble wasn't a fumble; his arm was coming forward.

I agree. His arm was coming forward. Should have to punt.

His arm was coming forward, WITHOUT the ball. But after looking at it again, it shouldve been reviewed, but it's ruled a fumble 99 of 100 times. Only Texas gets that reversed.

Martinez did a great job in staying calm, and doing what needed to be done.He read defenses, make correct adjustments and delivered when needed. He started to get rushed and over throwing players, but (I believe) Joe Ganz, being his mentor, deserves some appreciation as well for keeping him calm. That guy has helped mold Taylor into being a leader, and staying calm in the pocket and knowing when to ditch it, run it and not look so obvious on who he is going to throw to.

Taylor may not have the best looking mechanics, but he is getting the job done. Not forcing huge plays is one of the biggest accomplishments I have seen from him besides his mechanics and ability to read the defenses.

One thing I liked about tmart was after the second knee down to end the game he went up to the ref and talked to him about sonething going on. Even though the game was over, he still cared enough about something go get info from the ref about it. Showed leadership to me.

Win or lose, Martinez has guts and a will for a Nebraska victory. I think he's just getting stronger. Let's hope he stays injury-free and plays to his potential.

He totally gets the MVP for this last game, and I think the leadership and team chemistry we're seeing across the board with our very talented guys coming together is a compliment to a fearless team leader.

Abdullah, Burkhead, Compton, the entire O line, the entire defense (particularly in the WI game), K Bell, Maher and several other guys I'm forgetting are making this a damn fun year of fandom so far.

Gotta be happy for the kid, he stepped up and delivered it when we needed it. He had some bad throws but for the most part he did fine. And FWIW, his fumble wasn't a fumble; his arm was coming forward.

I agree. His arm was coming forward. Should have to punt.

His arm was coming forward, WITHOUT the ball. But after looking at it again, it shouldve been reviewed, but it's ruled a fumble 99 of 100 times. Only Texas gets that reversed.

Or the New England Patriots.