Abbrederis and Borland

It seemed like Whisky went away from a lot of things in the second half. I think part of it was our front seven was getting more pressure. Possibly some immaturity from their Qb. I would take those two players you mentioned in a heartbeat. Every team needs a couple of balls to the wall players.

More likely the offensive coordinator. Matt Canada, got overly cautious. Nevertheless a good tough comeback by Nebby.

Nebby could have had a much easier game of it if the three picks are made. Stave kept trying to give the ball away, but your guys refused to catch it.

There is a new rule in college football this year. It is now illegal to jump over the three protectors on a punt in an attempt to block the kick. Borland did that in a game. Call it the Borland rule.

Actually it is illegal to hurdle a standing player. It's never called though. Another thing they never call is hands to the face on stiff arms by skill players. They need to start calling it. Another one is a oline running in behind a gang tackle and pushing the pile. That's illegally helping the runner as well as blocking in in back most of the time.

I thought skill players could legally have hands on the face if they are the ballcarrier- this has been the way football has been forever whether its legal or not. Or did you mean WR and whatnot when they don't have the ball? Aiding the runner is such a pet peeve of mine, everyone remembers the illegal Bush push.

I'm sure this has all been addressed, but I can't get on here all the time to read. What was done differently in the second half as far as Abbrederis? I read above that he himself said that things were changed up in the second half. I thought the guy was gonna have 1,000 yards receiving in that game....also, I read that Ciante said he wanted to cover the him in the second half? Did this happen?

I'm sure this has all been addressed, but I can't get on here all the time to read. What was done differently in the second half as far as Abbrederis? I read above that he himself said that things were changed up in the second half. I thought the guy was gonna have 1,000 yards receiving in that game....also, I read that Ciante said he wanted to cover the him in the second half? Did this happen?

See last line of post 14...........

See last line of post 14...........

Nice...I appreciate the patience too haha

Both those two are studs..

but I think those two are the only guys I'd pencil in as sure starters if they played for Nebraska right now. (Taylor and Gilbert would get consideration)

That's insane to me considering our talent isn't anywhere near where it needs to be yet but I think it's true. QB? No. RB? No. OL? No. TE? No. Other WR's not named Abby? No. DL other than maybe Gilbert? No. LB's not named Borland? Maybe but it'd be close. DB's? No. Kicker? Hell No.

I don't know how a team goes from so talented to so untalented in one offseason like that but Wisconsin sure did and I'm not sure they get much better the next couple years.

Both those two are studs..

but I think those two are the only guys I'd pencil in as sure starters if they played for Nebraska right now. (Taylor and Gilbert would get consideration)

That's insane to me considering our talent isn't anywhere near where it needs to be yet but I think it's true. QB? No. RB? No. OL? No. TE? No. Other WR's not named Abby? No. DL other than maybe Gilbert? No. LB's not named Borland? Maybe but it'd be close. DB's? No. Kicker? Hell No.

I don't know how a team goes from so talented to so untalented in one offseason like that but Wisconsin sure did and I'm not sure they get much better the next couple years.

Id think their linebacker mike taylor would have a good chance at lining up somewhere on the field for us. maybe not MLB but one of the 3 positions. he is also a very hard working player.