Officiating

craigsker

On 3rd down after the Enunwa Catch that wasn't called one (it was a catch) Martinez rolled out and went back to Enunwa again on a deep comebacker and there was clear pass interference on the play. The Defender came over the top and Q got shoved into the ground before the ball got there.

Also, I know Wisconsin fans keep saying they left a FG off the board and were held all night, but we also left a FG off the board and were held all night - Eric Martin in particular was absolutely mugged almost every time he was on the field.

The refs were equally bad for both teams - which considering the referees in the conference, that's a good night for them. They didn't decide the game. The only reason it was even a game at all is because Nebraska fumbled 6 freaking times.

One of those fumbles actually helped us get a first down :D

That's our new fumbleroosky play.

I didn't have any issue with the officiating. Everything was pretty par for the course. Every game has missed calls here and there. Enunwa did not complete the catch. It may not be the NFL, but the rules are very close. He never had full control before he hit the ground and the ball popped out. The ground can't cause a fumble, but it sure can cause an incompletion

The call I had the biggest problem with was the Taylor fumble. I was screaming at the TV for it to get reviewed because when they showed the replay I thought it looked like his arm was started forward, which would have made it an incomplete pass. Even if it didn't get overturned, I would have liked to see it get looked at again because if his arm wasn't coming forward, it was pretty close.

I agree... I also think the refs should let that play out and get a call to replay it.. If they blow the whistle the play is done and it's a tough call even with replay..

I thought the officiating was ok, if not better than usual. Two of those were rightly corrected. When Stave put his knee down, they made the correct call just a little late. That leaves us with the Enunwa catch or non-catch. It was very close but did not "feel" like a catch to me. I don't think they could've got that call right or wrong.

What's more interesting is that Bo didn't challenge it when he had one (and all three timeouts) available. I thought that was an opportunity that Bo let slip by...especially since replay looked like it would have been in our favor, and we're talking about a first and goal from the three.

I agree, I thought Bo should've challenged that one. At the time, I felt he might've lost the challenge but the upside to a correction would've been huge. Also, I re-watched the game yesterday and I now feel that was a catch. Darn NFL and their newfangled completing the catch process to the ground rule. In college ball, that was a completion and he was down before the ball came loose.

In my opinion, there was some bad officiating last night.

On one play, Kenny Bell makes an apparent grab at the one or two yard line of Wisconsin and it is called an incomplete pass. The drive stalls and Nebraska has to settle for a FG.

On another play, Stave's knee goes down to pick up the football and I believe it was a "no call."

In the fourth, we got called for pass interference when the ball was essentially uncatchable and even the interference was questionable.

And on yet another play, Wisconsin gets a generous mark and a first down when it appeared he was about a yard or two short.

The fourth quarter was the worst.

Wiscy players were holding our guys all night long and they never called it once. Yeah, officiating wasn't very good.

Also, when I said I cant decide which conferences officials are worse, I did not mean in a screw Nebraska effort. It looks more and more like Big 10 officiating is equally poor to both sides. There are just too many instances in every game that suggests they've "never seen that before" and struggle just to make a call on the field, or have 2 different guys making different calls.