Ohio State opens up 5 point favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pelini's Big Night Games Away From Home

(2008) Oklahoma 28-62 L

(2009) Texas (CCG) 12-13 L

(2010) Texas A&M 6-9 L

(2010) Oklahoma (CCG) 20-23 L

(2011) Wisconsin 17-48 L

(2012) UCLA 30-36 L

Not a great track record against quality opponents. Hope we turn things around, but if I'm putting money on it, OSU all the way.

disg_kfdj897.gif

Still, the law of averages say we will one win of these in the very near future. Both teams compare favorably with each other in terms of talent. I hope it starts this week with a quality win in a hostile environment!

Just based on our recent history in B10 road games, this has the makings of a blowout. I reserve the right to be wrong and hope I am.

recent? as in one season?

Yes. Thought that would be obvious.

as in our only season?

Yes, as in our RECENT history of blowout losses on the road to ranked opponents in our only season in the B1G.

This is shooting fish in a barrel. Road game? Night game? Mobile QB? Ranked opponent? Ranked opponent higher than Nebraska's rank? 3 points?

Vegas is definitely taking the week off on this one. I don't bet on Nebraska games. Maybe some should.

Just based on our recent history in B10 road games, this has the makings of a blowout. I reserve the right to be wrong and hope I am.

as in our only season?

Yes, as in our RECENT history of blowout losses on the road to ranked opponents in our only season in the B1G.

So just a couple games from last year means or proves anything?

as in our only season?

As in, 2.

As long as NEB doesn't turn the ball over numerous times, I don't see this game being a blow-out loss. This game will be a battle....top 5 rushing team in Nebraska and Ohio St. has some issues in their defensive secondary. I see a slug-fest that will be decided by a TD or less. Braxton will have success, no doubt, but I don't see them shutting down NEB's offense.

I'm sorry but a road win at night in the Horshoe against Ohio St and Urban Meyer-great or not, regardless of the score-would be perceived all across the country as Bo's "over the hump" signature win, and that's all a "signature" win is, is percpetion, otherwise a win is a win.

Agreed ... the night of ... the day after ... over time and thru the end of the season ... I don't. You said the word "perception" ... agreed ... I don't perceive OSU as anything, "great or not" worth saying Bo is "over the hump". Cause if we roll the B1G schedule ... which I don't think we do ... but if we do and we represent the B1G to play say a USC and we get rolled ... do you think the "perception" will be that :bigredn: is "over the hump"?

I don't ... I see the rest of the country still viewing us as a good team who still need pieces to contend and we were lucky to win the games we won with the B1G being so bad. I'm not saying I necessarily believe that ... but I think that is the perception of the country.

you both make good points. i do not think either of you are wrong. it would probably come down to how the media frames it and how the rest of the season goes.

If we could win the rose bowl it would change the perception, no matter what the country thinks of the B1G because right now it appears the PAC 12 is the second best conference to the SEC. And we wouldn't get "rolled" by USC. We would get "rolled" by Oregon. USC or Stanford are beatable.

As long as NEB doesn't turn the ball over numerous times, I don't see this game being a blow-out loss. This game will be a battle....top 5 rushing team in Nebraska and Ohio St. has some issues in their defensive secondary. I see a slug-fest that will be decided by a TD or less. Braxton will have success, no doubt, but I don't see them shutting down NEB's offense.

If we stop getting down early, we'll have a shot.

I'm sorry but a road win at night in the Horshoe against Ohio St and Urban Meyer-great or not, regardless of the score-would be perceived all across the country as Bo's "over the hump" signature win, and that's all a "signature" win is, is percpetion, otherwise a win is a win.

Agreed ... the night of ... the day after ... over time and thru the end of the season ... I don't. You said the word "perception" ... agreed ... I don't perceive OSU as anything, "great or not" worth saying Bo is "over the hump". Cause if we roll the B1G schedule ... which I don't think we do ... but if we do and we represent the B1G to play say a USC and we get rolled ... do you think the "perception" will be that :bigredn: is "over the hump"?

I don't ... I see the rest of the country still viewing us as a good team who still need pieces to contend and we were lucky to win the games we won with the B1G being so bad. I'm not saying I necessarily believe that ... but I think that is the perception of the country.

you both make good points. i do not think either of you are wrong. it would probably come down to how the media frames it and how the rest of the season goes.

If we could win the rose bowl it would change the perception, no matter what the country thinks of the B1G because right now it appears the PAC 12 is the second best conference to the SEC. And we wouldn't get "rolled" by USC. We would get "rolled" by Oregon. USC or Stanford are beatable.

We could play with anybody in the Pac12 including Oregon, would love to see that game, it would be an absolute shootout!

as in our only season?

I'm not trying to be vague here. I know 2 games doesn't prove anything and did I mention that I would be happy to be wrong?