Ohio State opens up 5 point favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if we do win this, which i think we can, it will be bo's signature win and give the B1G a different perception of us.

I didn't see the loss to UCLA this year as in the realm of big losses that OrderKindOfAlmostRestored stated ... and I don't see beating OSU as anykind of a signature win. UCLA isn't that great, we aren't that great ... and OSU isn't that great, I think overall the B1G's view of itself is ... whoever ends up taking this conference isn't gonna be crowned as anything great ... they just won more than anyone else. Now, if whoever comes out on top of the B1G goes into a big bowl game ... shows up and owns some SEC school or USC and is a "boss" ... then that will be Bo's signature win. I just don't think we beat any team in the B1G this year and make a "signature", "landmark" victory off of it ... the conference is just too weak.

And FYI, I'm not debating here ... really enjoy and agree with the viewpoints of sd'kers and aspeedlin'.

i understand what you are saying, i just think bo needs a big road win in the B1G and this is the biggest it will get this year. osu has built-in respect because of urb. but you do make many good points.

i also agree here:

I'm sorry but a road win at night in the Horshoe against Ohio St and Urban Meyer-great or not, regardless of the score-would be perceived all across the country as Bo's "over the hump" signature win, and that's all a "signature" win is, is percpetion, otherwise a win is a win.

This game is going to boil down to braxton miller. he can turn nothing in to a touchdown everytime. he is not as fast as martinez but he has the quicks and shakes that martinez lacks. We have always had a hard time stopping mobile quarterbacks so this is the game to fix it. we will not be able to shut him down scrambling but we need to slow him down. eliminate the big plays he can make and we have a shot. its all about stopping the mobile qb. if huskers can do that this game is very winnable.

This game is going to boil down to braxton miller. he can turn nothing in to a touchdown everytime. he is not as fast as martinez but he has the quicks and shakes that martinez lacks. We have always had a hard time stopping mobile quarterbacks so this is the game to fix it. we will not be able to shut him down scrambling but we need to slow him down. eliminate the big plays he can make and we have a shot. its all about stopping the mobile qb. if huskers can do that this game is very winnable.

we need to pressure him and force him to make mistakes, then capitalize on those mistakes. i do not think we can just play to 'contain' him.

I'm sorry but a road win at night in the Horshoe against Ohio St and Urban Meyer-great or not, regardless of the score-would be perceived all across the country as Bo's "over the hump" signature win, and that's all a "signature" win is, is percpetion, otherwise a win is a win.

Agreed ... the night of ... the day after ... over time and thru the end of the season ... I don't. You said the word "perception" ... agreed ... I don't perceive OSU as anything, "great or not" worth saying Bo is "over the hump". Cause if we roll the B1G schedule ... which I don't think we do ... but if we do and we represent the B1G to play say a USC and we get rolled ... do you think the "perception" will be that :bigredn: is "over the hump"?

I don't ... I see the rest of the country still viewing us as a good team who still need pieces to contend and we were lucky to win the games we won with the B1G being so bad. I'm not saying I necessarily believe that ... but I think that is the perception of the country.

I'm sadly picking Neb to win this. I honestly think that if T-mart throws the ball a lot, he'll do more damage to our secondary. I hope I'm wrong but this figures to be our toughest game all year long.

This is funny. We are mostly picking our teams to lose in this game. I give OSU the edge in this one. Obviously NU has the means to win, but has to overcome the shoe and a little payback for last years come from behind win. 27-23 OSU.

I think Ohio State will win. The only time Recently that I recall us playing pretty flawlessly (as far as turnovers and idiotic plays) in big games was the Michigan State game. The difference is, MSU had a pocket QB andit eas at home. Even if our offense doesn't turn the ball over, they might have to score TDs on nearly every drive to keep up.

Gonna be very tough game. I know everyone is excited about how we played in the 2nd half vs Wiscy( I know I am), but we still played like the team we were used to in the first half. Bonehead penalties and turnovers will kill us in Columbus. I'm not impressed with the Buckeyes offense besides Miller and their defense isnt the best either. Nebraska 28-17 I think Taylor will have a big day throwing the rock.

Agreed ... the night of ... the day after ... over time and thru the end of the season ... I don't. You said the word "perception" ... agreed ... I don't perceive OSU as anything, "great or not" worth saying Bo is "over the hump". Cause if we roll the B1G schedule ... which I don't think we do ... but if we do and we represent the B1G to play say a USC and we get rolled ... do you think the "perception" will be that :bigredn: is "over the hump"?

I don't ... I see the rest of the country still viewing us as a good team who still need pieces to contend and we were lucky to win the games we won with the B1G being so bad. I'm not saying I necessarily believe that ... but I think that is the perception of the country.

you both make good points. i do not think either of you are wrong. it would probably come down to how the media frames it and how the rest of the season goes.

This one without question comes down to Miller. If we're unable to contain him and force him into making bad throws this is going to be one hell of a long game. We were given a gift last year with his ankle injury. I'm not confident that Nebraska can put forth the same kind of front seven push we had against Wisconsin in the second half. They played like an All-American unit but the evidence over a greater period of time suggests they're not. Leads me to think this was more on Wisconsin than it was us.

As far as Miller's rushing is concerned, I'm thinking tOSU fans are hoping for a little breathing room. He's averaging 18 carries a game and is currently on pace to finish the year with 216 carries, 57 more than last year. Chances of him accomplishing this uninjured are slim.

I think Braxton Miller is just so good it will overshadow tOSU's obvious flaws (which, if you've watched them, they have many). As long as their o-line gives him time (I believe they will) and our linebackers leave him space to make running plays (which I believe we will), tOSU should end up OK offensively.

38-24 Ohio State.

This one without question comes down to Miller. If we're unable to contain him and force him into making bad throws this is going to be one hell of a long game. We were given a gift last year with his ankle injury. I'm not confident that Nebraska can put forth the same kind of front seven push we had against Wisconsin in the second half. They played like an All-American unit but the evidence over a greater period of time suggests they're not. Leads me to think this was more on Wisconsin than it was us.

As far as Miller's rushing is concerned, I'm thinking tOSU fans are hoping for a little breathing room. He's averaging 18 carries a game and is currently on pace to finish the year with 216 carries, 57 more than last year. Chances of him accomplishing this uninjured are slim.

I think Braxton Miller is just so good it will overshadow tOSU's obvious flaws (which, if you've watched them, they have many). As long as their o-line gives him time (I believe they will) and our linebackers leave him space to make running plays (which I believe we will), tOSU should end up OK offensively.

38-24 Ohio State.

i agree 100% here. our hope is that Miller is banged up... otherwise we are done. Unless of course they turn the ball over. which we havent been great at forcing turnovers. If we control the ball and miller has an off day... we can keep it close. otherwise we lose big.

tOSU 42

skers 24

In contrast to the perception of a "Big 10 style" game, I think this will be closer to a Big 12 type shootout. Their D hasn't proven to be any more consistent than ours......

That's why I believe Nebraska won't necessarily have many problems scoring (at least, they shouldn't). tOSU's defense is talented, but definitely beatable and has some weak areas we should be able to exploit. It's all about Miller. In the slim chance we're able to slow him down, I don't think tOSU has enough weapons to win.

That said, I don't think we'll be able to slow Miller down which is why I foresee them having a pretty good day offensively.