Ohio State opens up 5 point favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ohio State is better from top to bottom, and they have the home field advantage.

Ohio State by two touchdowns.

I think that is a bit much. Two touchdowns is overboard. I think the 5 points... even maybe 7 if it goes there is reasonable.. but not 14 points.

They're not better from top to bottom. They struggled to a Cal team that might win 2 games.

When we keep our mistakes to a minimum and Beck doesn't go apesh#t, we are a tough team to beat. Also was good to see Steinkuhler, Whaley, and the D-Line gain some confidence. Maybe the coaching staff has finally found a defensive package that works. Definitely need to work on not biting on the play-action. Just concerned that Miller will break off long gains by scrambling, if we blitz too much.

I have no thoughts about this upcoming game. Ohio State has looked extremely beatable all season long, so if the Husker team from Saturday's 2nd half shows up in Columbus, I think we win going away. If we play like we did in the 1st half, or like we did against UCLA, I think we probably lose by 10 or so.

I'll take the wait-and-see approach, just like I have the last few weeks with this team. Our defense still worries me a little bit, but I have confidence that they can still become a formidable force in this conference if everybody does their jobs as good as I think they can.

I have this feeling that we're going to ride the energy from the end of the Wisconsin game and go into the Shoe like we own that place; there will be some mental errors but none that really puts the game in jeopardy. We're not going to dominate, but we'll be in control.

Good Guys 24

Those Guys 17

I hate it, but I just went with my initial instinct and took OSU because memories of 653 yards in Pasadena, and a 21 point lead with Braxton schooling our D in Lincoln last year are just too fresh in my memory to take us giving five in Columbus.

But yeah, the optimist in me is loud right now, especially after last night, so I want to talk about Steinkuhler and Martin and Compton and (should I say it, Fisher even?) and Evans and Stafford (and Whaley, who has scared me but had a really really solid game last night) to keep building off of last night's second half, and solve the Miller problem. And Ankrah and Carter have made a few plays. They need to get more pressure on a four man rush though, beat guys on the line and ruin the timing of plays, get some sacks even, bad passes. I dunno...it's possible! :lol:

I'm still in shock after seeing us stonewall Ball and the rest of the Wisconsin running game like that. That's our best defensive performance against the run, facing a real team, in what feels like forever. I never would've guessed we'd hold them to under 60 yards (although 3TD) for the whole night. The secondary, which I've thought as our best unit all year admittedly had a rough night. That surprised me, although some of that stuff is actually pretty easily rectifiable. (Says the total amateur who's never coached and has no clue...) Because some of the worst mistakes were just a matter of not turning their head around and avoid a third down PI. Stafford for example had great position, he jsut never turned around and looked for the ball.

We had a few safety mishaps where they were just lost and out of position, and corners were isolated on WRs. The TD to Abbrederis was a good example, but the corner actually had pretty good position. Stave just threw a perfect pass, and that kid (the WR) was a quality one. He made a nice catch on that pass. If Stafford or PJ ( I might, might even prefer Harvey atm) shore up their assignments, those WR's are double covered hopefully.

Martin needs to force guys backward and get some pressure, as do Steinkuhler and Ankrah/Carter. Cause some disruption, some urgency, some chaos! And do it with a four man rush for just at least a few times please! That would be crucial. (I've kind of relegated Meredith to non-factor status until he shows up.)

If I had to bet real money and I had no choice? OSU. If you asked me who I think will win, I'm saying Nebraska because by no means is it out of the realm of possibility to win this game, (not at all) and dammit, I'm an optimist! Their D-line is legit, no denying that. They're a little scary. But Taylor is running like the old Taylor. If we can Rex and Ameer (and sometimes Heard) 'em with 3 an a 1/2 to 6 yard runs with a little regularity, they gotta respect the run. Then, IF we can get Taylor some time in the pocket, we can turn Bell and Reed and Quincy and Turner loose on them. Taylor scrambled well last night too. We have talent. We can win this game.

EDIT: Big fan of Maudfather's avatar, by the way. Just throwin that out there :lol: