Ohio State opens up 5 point favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sadly picking Neb to win this. I honestly think that if T-mart throws the ball a lot, he'll do more damage to our secondary. I hope I'm wrong but this figures to be our toughest game all year long.

Yes, but if this happens, it will turn the game into a trackmeet, if nothing else. Braxton on the ground vs. Martinez through the air.

Granted, not a 70-63 trackmeet that more resembled flag football than anything else, but a trackmeet, nevertheless.

Curious if tOSU pulls any of that video crap they pulled with Michigan State. Not that it matters, but I just think Urban's the guy who will take anything to its furthest acceptable point in order to gain an advantage.

Now that Michigan State came out and complained about it, I don't think it's going to happen again...otherwise, Ohio State risks getting demonized...moreso than they already are with Urban Meyer at the helm, at any rate.

Plus, two of your major contending programs levying the same charges against tOSU in consecutive weeks? Delaney would be forced at that point to do something to fix the issue.

:lol: at the idea that Taylor needed to redeem himself at all. He wasn't our major hindrance last year by any stretch, and particularly not this season.

He's the next Jammal Lord: thoroughly under appreciated, and tougher than anyone seems to want to give him credit for. Just my opinion, obviously. I think when it's all said and done he'll join my fairly long list of favorite Husker players.

:lol: at the idea that Taylor needed to redeem himself at all. He wasn't our major hindrance last year by any stretch, and particularly not this season.

He's the next Jammal Lord: thoroughly under appreciated, and tougher than anyone seems to want to give him credit for. Just my opinion, obviously. I think when it's all said and done he'll join my fairly long list of favorite Husker players.

I'm so glad someone else sees him the way I do. That guy was an absolute warrior for 2 years, that, without him, we probably have losing seasons in 02 and 03. Give him Crouch's lines and backs and defenses, and he wins a Heisman.

Taylor definitely wasn't the problem last game. Basically, to use a classic Bo-ism, we don't play focused, fundamentally sound football all the time. In games vs lesser opponents we can usually get away with it, but in our biggest games, it costs us a chance to stay in the game or possibly even win it.

Full retard offensive play calling and a D that doesn't get off the bus (in those big games) aside, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot we have a much better chance in big games. Ball security and no stupid penalties (re: roughing the punter) has to be priority número UNO.

That said, I don't really expect flawless play. The concept of a perfect football team is unrealistic. But, as far as focus goes, we do need to improve and play focused for MORE the 60 minutes each week. I have to chuckle at the "If the 2nd half Wiscy game team shows up, we win; 1st half team, we lose" rationale. It's.not that black and white. I seriously doubt we play like either one of those the WHOLE game. Some combination of the two is what we'll see. I can only hope we see a lot more of the second half Huskers than the unfocused 1st half ones.

In a hypothetical where we turn the ball over zero times...there's really no reason that we can't score 40 against every team remaining on our schedule.

What I want to at least see in this game in the first quarter is to play field position against our opponent for once. Whether we take the ball first or not, on our first offensive drive we HAVE to at least get a couple first downs and then have a monster punt by Maher inside their own 20.

I can see Taylor carrying the entire team on Saturday night. But as NUance said...my heart says we win, but my brain says otherwise.

I'm so glad someone else sees him the way I do. That guy was an absolute warrior for 2 years, that, without him, we probably have losing seasons in 02 and 03. Give him Crouch's lines and backs and defenses, and he wins a Heisman.

Oh, we was a major load running ball. That's for sure.

However, he made guys like Crouch or Tmart look like Dan Marino throwing the ball.

However, he made guys like Crouch or Tmart look like Dan Marino throwing the ball.

Agreed. I specifically being at a game where he sent a relatively short-medium range pass five yards above his receiver's head. Seriously; five yards too high. And talk about "skipping rocks" out there. He would bounce passes a good 3 - 4 yards in front of his receiver.

But his legs were every bit as good as Crouch/Frazier, he had great run vision.

Oh, we was a major load running ball. That's for sure.

i loved lord. could you imagine him in the wildcat? a qb before his time.